JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Two Samsung Smart TVs, two remotes

(Topic created: 01-12-2019 01:58 AM)
CamaroMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We have a Samsung smart tv in our kitchen, an another in the adjacent family room. They are separated by a wall and a short hallway so you can't see tv#1 when watching tv#2.  If the tv in the kitchen is off, and the one in the family room is on, and someone turns on the kitchen tv... the family room tv powers down.  Both TVs have wifi and are on the home network.

Obviously it's something to do with the remotes.  Is there a way that I can dictate that the kitchen tv remote signals are not picked up by the family room tv? Guess I'd have to "program" both remotes to only work line of sight? That's IR right? Not RF.

Thanks in advance for the help.-Mike

userKtjjgHXsUR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you have a new Samsung QLED TV the remote is Bluetooth so I don't think tape will help, you don't have to point the remote anywhere.

I have a slightly different problem. I have one TV and two remotes that I would like to use at the same time. One for me and one for the Wife to save us tossing it back and forth. So far no luck with this. If I pair mine then her's stops working unless she pairs hers, then mine stops. O the problems of 21st living!

userIKSdV9mvcv
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I agree that not being able to run one new QLED TV with either of 2 remotes is frustrating. We each have a remote to eliminate certain inconveniences in trying to share a single unit. Please establish a firmware upgrade to enable multiple remotes to be paired with 1 TV if clients wish to use that option.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We will forward your suggestion accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user84e517bQJk
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

what is the solution please?

We just bought the frame as a second "tv" in the living room. When we turn on the TV ... the art mode stops and our painting becomes a TV!

Samsung I won't start with tape in 2019 on a brandnew smart remote.

Please provide a digital solution.

Thank you 

userGBszJO3G1H
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had this problem too...passing one remote back and forth.  I also bought a second remote from Samsung only to find out that both Samsung remotes won't work on one tv. 
solution:!  I bought a non-Samsung remote ( I got an Insignia from Best Buy) and it works perfectly right out of the box (no programming). Now my husband and I each have a remote that works with our Samsung tv!  Yeah!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is not very elegant, but it works for me. See picture below.

I have 2 different Samsung TV's in  the same room, one is used for my PC monitor and the other is a 40" Smart TV.

Every time I was trying to control one TV it was also affecting the other.

I put a little piece of plastic tube around the IR emitters of the 2 Samsung remotes to make the beam more directive. That solved my problem of interference. I'm sure Samsung can use this suggestion and solve this in a better way by building the plastic housing of the remote to narrow the angle of the IR beam.

In my case I will make an little extention with a hole on the tip of my remotes.

SamsungIR-Remotes.JPG

uservVChpLgHh3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Have you tried the smart view app on your phone or tablet
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I don't use a smartphone...

0 Likes
userki00Ad6baB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Had same problem with the smart remotes that came with my Q7 and Series 5 32" - using either remote turned on/off both TVs.  I contacted Samsung support - their only solution was to move one of the TVs so that it was further away (not an option due to location of aerial).  Solved the problem by putting duct tape over the end of each remote.  I am guessing that this reduced the signal enough that only the TV in the room  where the remote was being used responded to pushes of the power switch.  

userS75703YkVN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have two of the same model Samsung SMART TV's. What doesn't make any sense to me is that the Power button from either remote will power on/off both sets, but that's the only function they share. Once powered on you have to use the remote that came with that specific TV to change channels, adjust volume, etc. Why are the remotes independent except for the Power button?? Makes no sense. Drives me crazy because the sets are in the same room and I have to walk up to each TV and hold the remote an inch away to turn on/off each set so I don't affect the other set six feet away!