UN55JS9000FXZA -Keep losing cable source when starting tv.

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Keep losing cable source when starting tv.

This is the exact same issue I'm having with a tv un65ks9000 suhd tv. From the looks of things it's spanning multiple generations of TV's. It's the second higher end Samsung tv that I've had issues with, the first being the pn64e8000. Pretty disappointing Samsung.

Samsung Moderator

Which firmware version are you running?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I only see a software version : T-JZMAKUS-1007

Attachments

Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55JS9000FXZA -Keep losing cable source when starting tv.

This would be the same thing, thanks! I am currently showing version 1169.2 available for this model, just to confirm is your TV a US model?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I am having the exact same issue as the others. My TV's info is as below:

Model: UN55KS800D; Software Version T-JZMAKUC-1169.2, BT-S

I typically turn off the TV and my cable box (a Scientific Atlanta box) and since yesterday, every time I start the TV (with the cable box on) it looks for the signal and then the TV says that there is no signal and I should change the source. And nothing happens after that. If I remove the One Cable from the SmartHub and put it back, it starts working. And I have to do this EVERY time i restart the TV. Really irritating.

I had this issue a couple of months ago, but I was able to trace it to turning on a setting related to the SmartThings Hub. When I turned that setting off, the problem went away. What I observe now is there is no reference to the SmartThings Hub in the settings on the TV...so I dont know how to change anything. I do have a SmartThings Hub at home, and while I was having the issue on my TV yesterday, I was able to add the TV as a "thing" in SmartThings.

Hopefully there is a fix...this is really frustrating, and I cant be taking the cable out of the smarthub every time I want to watch TV !!

Thanks...

Constellation

55KS8000 with 1180.5 firmware and same source dropping from cable box with fios; unplugging one connect or hdmi cable fixes it.  Happens typically when the TV is shut off but the box stays on; next power on from TV shows no source no matter what you turn off or on. 

Any ideas if Samsung is looking for a fix or is this an issue with one connect and should I just get a replacement oc box?  

Also, why is there no option to truly shut off the TV vs. instant on?  Seems there used to be an option for this but it no longer exists in these models..

Constellation

I'm hoping my post goes through as this is the 3rd time I'm posting this.  Sorry if its a duplicate, but I'm also having the exact same issue.  TV is connected to direct TV.  I have the MU6300 model 50 inch.  TV has the latest software and is only 3 weeks old.

Samsung Moderator

@user7Wyu9b1Bci, The television is connected via HDMI?

Constellation

Yes it is connected via hdmi cable

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried swapping the cables by any chance?