UN55KS8000 dropping HDMI signal from DVR

Highlighted
Constellation

UN55KS8000 dropping HDMI signal from DVR

Purchased a new 55" 8-series TV last week, and all went well with the setup (network, connectivity, etc.), but it is consistently black-screening with "No Signal" error from the HDMI input from my DVR.  Seems like others are having similar issues with AV receivers, etc. but didn't want to hijack a thread that was "close".

I purchased a new HDMI 2.0 cable, in case it was an issue with signal handshakes, to no avail.  The only way to restore the signal is to unplug / plug the HDMI cable and continue.

Sometimes I can get through 1-2 hrs of TV, no problem.  More regularly I have to unplug the cable every 3-5 minutes.  The "Smart Hub Connection Test" reports that everytihng is fine, but there must be some HDMI handshake that is dropped to cause this conflict.

Connected to a Tivo Roamio Pro.  Have tried the HDMI 1 & HDMI 3 inputs - same problem;  different cables - same problem.

UN55KS8000 software version is T-JZMAKUC-1162.2, BT-S

Older Samsung (UN40ES6500) worked great for years, it's only the new TV that has introduced this problem!

2 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55KS8000 dropping HDMI signal from DVR

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you tried a factory reset on this TV? If so, this issue may need to be serviced. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Re: UN55KS8000 dropping HDMI signal from DVR

I have the same problem with the same TV.  Please post back with the results of your troubleshooting.  I noticed they posted a new firmware update too.  Are you running the latest firmware?  Did a factory reset help?