Updating your television via USB?

Asteroid

Re: Updating your television via USB?

For some time now I have had to use a USB drive to update my firmware. It never wants to update using the internet. I always get a message saying I'm up to date when I am not. So, I have been updating using a USB drive with no issues. Until today. When I try to update to ver. 1169 via USB, it says my software is up to date and I have the current version, but shows ver. 1168. Anyone else seeing this issue or know how to fix it? This is the first issue I have had with this TV. Thanks in advance.

Samsung Moderator

userAsNMpEhLlk, regrettably, updates cannot be rolled back to a previous version

useryLLSX0WyQD, have you checked to make sure that the formatting on the USB is correct or that the version downloaded is for your television?

Asteroid

Of course. It has worked fine in the past. This is the first time I have had an issue updating via USB. Still not sure why it doesn't auto update. Everything is set for it to. I read another post on another site somewhere where someone else had the same issue.

Samsung Moderator

useryLLSX0WyQD, that is very odd. Have you tried a factory reset? 

Asteroid

That was going to be my first step, if no one had any other advice.

Samsung Moderator

I would wait and see if someone else has encountered this but if no one says anything. I would unplug the television for 5 minutes and plug it back in and try again. If that doesn't change anything, try the factory reset. 

Asteroid

Well did a reset and still getting the same result. Internet update says I am current at 1168 and USB update says there are no new updates as well.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

I just updated my UK7000 to 1169.2 using my USB stick. As with other recent firmware updates, I can't find anything different with this release either.  Did anyone find any differences?

To update via USB make sure the "image" folder inside the extracted T-JZMAKUC folder from the firmware zip is placed in the root folder of the USB stick.

Asteroid

Figured it out. The folder structure in ths download was different than in the past. The update folder was in an extra folder for some reason. Got rid of that extra folder and shazam! It worked.

Asteroid

Figured it out. The folder structure of this download was different than previous downloads. Got rid of the extra folder layer and it worked fine. Still haven't figured out why it won't update automatically over the internet. Auto update is on and the internet connection is good. Is there a time lag between the date it is put on the website until the time it is available for auto update?