Updating your television via USB?

Cosmic Ray

Re: Updating your television via USB?

My experience has been that Samsung TVs firmware releases are made available first via the support website to be installed from a USB stick. Most of the firmware releases that are made available via the website eventually make it the OTA repository from where it is either "automatically pushed" to the TVs when Auto-Update is set to "On" or downloaded  "manually pulled" via Settings->Support->Software Update->Update Now when Auto-Update is set to "Off". I also noticed that a couple firmware releases were make available via the support website, but not via the OTA repository. 

Asteroid

TO ALL(KS)Smiley Very HappyO NOT UPDATE ANY FURTHER THAN 11.65.

Samsung... you need to copy paste the 11.65 firmware on the next update "11.70" ,because you Samsung really messed it up on the KS8000 models after updates degrading the IMAGE QUALITY ,is not the same as before, We as customers have noticed it ,and we do not appreciate that.

SAMSUNG NEEDS TO BRING BACK 11.65.

Asteroid

They have messed the KS8000 and other models via firmware to sell more 2017 Qleds , so I recommend you to do not update your tv firmware further than 11.65 because it will degrade your picture quality.

Asteroid

They have messed the KS8000 via firmware to sell more 2017 Qleds , so I recommend you to DO NOT update your tv firmware further than 11.65 because it will degrade your picture quality.

Asteroid

Is there any way to downgrade to an earlier firmware version from USB if the newest firmware that was updated has a bug?
Samsung Moderator

Sadly not, by chance are you referencing issues with volume control?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Yes, my TV has the "volume control issue" after the latest firmware update.
Samsung Moderator

[ Edited ]

Our apologies NightHawk, the bug has been sent to our software engineers and we are working on it. 

Asteroid

Samsung... you need to copy paste the 11.65 firmware on the next update "11.70" ,because you Samsung really messed it up on the KS8000 models after updates degrading the image quality ,is not the same as before, We as customers have noticed it ,and we do not appreciate that

Asteroid

I have KU6290 DOM 11/16 I bought at Best Buy with a K8500 UHD BD. I must say, they really have been amazing. I had a little trouble with it updating ota when I bought it, Samsung advised always update via usb which I have. 1180.5 was no bueno, but 1201.8 is on point so far...It seems on these 4K panels one picture setting isn't great for every source and film. It's why they have them so they can be set to Current Source, not All. I look for settings that accurately display whatever it is I'm watching, as intended. I greatly dislike SOE and 'over-processing' of the image and this update seems better in that regard. This tv is still impressive, people love it and it blows their tv away. But you won't ever be happy with it, if you don't know how to properly use it.