Updating your television via USB?

Astronaut

Re: Updating your television via USB?

**In some cases there will be no firmware listed and the website will show: “Unfortunately, this information isn't currently available for this product.” This is normal. This means the website cannot find any firmware assigned to the model so the information is not available. **

I'm trying to fix an issue with Amazon Firestick TV on my 2007 LNT4665F Samsung TV. It does not appear to be HDMI related as Chromecast has no issues with the same port. Watching any show on Amazon though ends up dropping the audio partway through (and often crashing the HBO app), requiring us to reboot the TV before it functions again. Having to turn off  the TV multiple times throughout a film is really inconvenient and often embarrassing. The support page for this model does not have any firmware downloads, only a manual. 

How can I fix this issue? Are we stuck with it for life?

Asteroid

trying to update my ES6100 tv but it says "no update files found". i made sure to put the files in the correct folder as per the instructions. i tried a different USB drive w/ same result.
Samsung Moderator

userRWWPIxU9Zb, are they on the root of the USB flash drive? Are there other files on the USB? Please provide the full model code of the television. 

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

userRWWPIxU9Zb wrote:
trying to update my ES6100 tv but it says "no update files found". i made sure to put the files in the correct folder as per the instructions. i tried a different USB drive w/ same result.

• Format a USB drive to FAT32
  • Download the firmware update file on your computer
  • Right click the file and 'extract' it
  • Open the extracted folder
  • Copy all files inside the folder
  • Paste the copied files to the USB drive

Your TV should immediately recognise the update and ask you to confirm that you wish to proceed.

Asteroid

yes when i did that it gave the "no update files found" error message. i've tried 2 different usb sticks
Cosmic Ray

Ok, just to confirm that you did not copy and paste the folder itself - only the (extracted) files contained inside of it?  When you browse files and folders on your computer and select the USB drive, it should not contain any folders - only the various files contained within the folder and the USB is indeed formatted to the FAT32 file system.  I'm sorry if I sound repetitive... just double checking because a correct firmware file extracted to a USB drive in this manner should work.

Cosmic Ray

This is how it should look from within Windows Explorer:  (USB ROOT)

Asteroid

yes i tried it that way as well, even though the instructions show a different way. both ways yield the same error message.
Cosmic Ray

The latest firmware published for US models of the ES6100 is June 15, 2015 - Version 2004.0.  Check the currently installed version as it may be that your TV is already up to date.

Asteroid

feel i'm going in circles a bit. Is there a way I can open a ticket on this?