Updating your television via USB?

Asteroid

Re: Updating your television via USB?

Will the firmware eventually update through the TV itself?  My TV is on auto update, but I do not have the latest firmware... Should I wait? Or do it manually?

Thanks! 

Samsung Moderator

usereJlqWW4UFc, the firmware should automatically update eventually. You can wait or install it via USB if the firmware is available for download. 

Asteroid

@SamsungGill wrote:

usereJlqWW4UFc, the firmware should automatically update eventually. You can wait or install it via USB if the firmware is available for download. 

Thanks for the quick response. 

Bill

Samsung Moderator

No problem Bill. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I made the mistake of updating my UN40EH5000F via USB last night, and I think I killed it. It was working fine, but I thought I'd keep things up to date by installing the latest firmware. I went through the process just fine, but after reboot, I just get a dim screen. I hear sound and can turn it on/off, but nothing but dim light on the display. I opened it up and examined/reseated cables....everything fine. I kept it unplugged from power for 12 hours overnight, still nothing.

As I said, everything worked fine before the firmware. Do I have any recourse? I understand it's a six year old TV, but it's been hardly used. Just giving one last shot before it ends up on the trash heap. Really disappointed that I tried to update it. 

Asteroid

@userN9fKfRvV7k wrote:

I made the mistake of updating my UN40EH5000F via USB last night, and I think I killed it. It was working fine, but I thought I'd keep things up to date by installing the latest firmware. I went through the process just fine, but after reboot, I just get a dim screen. I hear sound and can turn it on/off, but nothing but dim light on the display. I opened it up and examined/reseated cables....everything fine. I kept it unplugged from power for 12 hours overnight, still nothing.

As I said, everything worked fine before the firmware. Do I have any recourse? I understand it's a six year old TV, but it's been hardly used. Just giving one last shot before it ends up on the trash heap. Really disappointed that I tried to update it. 

That's why I am choosing to wait... I don't have any issues, so I'll play it safe. 

Astronaut

My Q7F seems like the one connect box is not taking.  It comes on for a secound then screen blank ? 

Cosmic Ray

I did an update via wifi.  A few months later a newer firmware is listed on the website but the currently installed firmware is never listed.  

Constellation

Will the firmware update fix the issue with the One connect not recognizing HDMI inputs?

TV just started this problem and after reading the threads , doesn't look good for me,  not sure what my options are at this point.

Samsung Moderator

If there is a new firmware listed on the site, I recommend updating your firmware to that software version. Even if your current firmware is not listed, you would want to install the latest software version. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.