09-07-2018 09:09 PM - edited 09-07-2018 09:11 PM
Having issue with Spectrum App running firmware 1009 NU6900 Series, So the download page has zero firmware updates.
I have another 58inch Samsung Smart TV and my Spectrum app works like a champ.
Anyone have issues with Spectrum app on NU6900 Series?
11-25-2018 07:55 AM
Updating your television can be frustrating. Here are a few steps to help with downloading the firmware from the Samsung website to your USB drive. To begin this process you will need three things:
- A USB Flash Drive with the storage capacity large enough for the firmware file.
- A computer with internet connection
- A compressed file extraction program.
To download the firmware for your TV, follow these steps:
- Visit the Samsung Download Center for your model. (For example http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/4k-suhd-tvs/65-class-ks9800-9-series-curved-4... and selecting SUPPORT and SEE ALL SUPPORT)
- After searching for your model number, locate the firmware download for your TV, and then select the .exe file in the firmware section. (This will be under PRODUCT INFO and DOWNLOADS)
- After clicking on the .exe file you may see a security warning similar to the image below. Click "Save".
- Select the folder you would like to save the file to. We recommend the Desktop. Then click "Save"
- The file will download. When finished, locate the file on your Desktop and double-click the file to "Run".
- WinZip or a similar compressed file extraction program will open, Click "Browse..." and select the folder you would like the firmware saved to. Again we recommend the Desktop.
- WinZip will extract the files. The number of files will depend on the firmware. Click "Ok" and close WinZip.
- You will now have a folder(s) in your selected save location (the Desktop). Copy or move that folder(s) to your USB flash drive.
- The number of folders and the name of the folder(s) will depend on your TVs firmware version.
- When you copy or move the folder(s) to your USB flash drive do not place it in a sub folder. If it is in a sub folder the TV will not be able to find the firmware.
Now that you have the firmware downloaded and moved to your USB flash drive, you are ready to use the USB to update the firmware on your TV.
**In some cases there will be no firmware listed and the website will show: “Unfortunately, this information isn't currently available for this product.” This is normal. This means the website cannot find any firmware assigned to the model so the information is not available. **
11-28-2018 07:32 AM
I have the NU6900 (55") also, and I recently manually downloaded and installed the update without any issues. It seems it has not been pushed to the update server yet, so manual USB installation is the only option for now. I followed the instructions posted above. The firmware is definitely available here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2018-uhd-smart-tv-nu6900
12-09-2018 02:05 PM
I have a 2012 LED TV (EH4003 - EH5003 Series). I downloaded the firmware to updated my TV and after following all the instructions indicated in your website, after reaching the 90% of the updating suddenly stop and didn't complete the 100% of the update. So, after wait for almost 20 minutes hoping to complete the update, I chat with one of your Reps. on the support center, I explained my problem and he told me I should only update my TV if this have some issues, otherwise I should not do it. But I didn't see or found anything saying that. So then, he recommend me to turned off the TV and unplugged the USB, so I did it, but since then my TV does not turn on again.
At the end he (support center guy) told me about unplugged the power and wait for a few seconds and connect it again and turn on my TV but it didn't work. So now I'm without my TV and I don't know what to do. I don't want to waste money on fix it, knowing maybe it's going to be expensive, and because I think it wasn't my fault my TV broke. It doesn't say anywhere you should only update your TV if have some issues.
If someone can give me an advice to fix my TV without paying someone to fix it, because right now I cannot afford it I will really appreciate it.