Using Samsung Remote to Control Vizio Sound Bar

Samsung Moderator

Re: Using Samsung Remote to Control Vizio Sound Bar

Which firmware version are you running currently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I have no idea, how do I check? Also, I just purchased a Samsung sound bar - HW-J355. I'm hoping it will be easier to get my Samsung tv remote to operate this sound bar. 

Constellation

I just checked and it is downloading version 002004 

Samsung Moderator

Sorry for the delay this can usually be checked in the menu of the TV under Support > Contact Samsung. Can you confirm it is currently updating to version 2004?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Says version 2001.3. How do I update it?

Highlighted
Constellation

Downloading the update again. Don't know why it didn't install the first time. 

Samsung Moderator

Let me know if it continues to download but not install.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

It is now updated to 2004

Samsung Moderator

With the TV updated, can you go through the Universal Remote setup for the sound bar once more and tell me if you are now able to control the sound bar with the TV remote? ^Cole

Constellation

It is not a universal remote. It the remote that came with my Samsung tv. I want to control my Samsung sound bar with it so I only have to use one remote. I need help setting it up.