Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Cosmic Ray

Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

UN55KU600DFXZA and UN65KS800DFXZA neither will stay connected to wifi, while everything else in the house does.

Have to constantly disconnect from power and reconnect, it is the only way.

Help.

407 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

What is the current software on both televisions?

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

so a soft reset is turn on, let it stay on a few seconds and then hold down power button till it goes off and back on?

Samsung Moderator

A soft reset is: with your television on, unplug it for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. 

Cosmic Ray

Bummer, mine is on the wall, only way to do that is go to circuit breakers and kill the power to that part of the house.

I've had success with the hold down the power button, and disconnecting from the network and then setting it up again would sometimes buy me a day or two.  I would try manually inputing your DNS from your wireless router into the settings on your tv.  People have also had success with google's 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.  I got tired of resetting every night, still had the issues regardless of DNS settings, and Samsung was no help.  I got a wifi extender and use that to make a wired connection.  If your TV is mounted, that is probably not a very reasonalbe option for you. 

I have no idea what the issue is, but this board is littered with similar complaints and smart TV that can't connect to the interenet is pretty pointless.

Cosmic Ray

google 8.8 etc? can you walk me thru that one?
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried factory resetting the television? To manually input DNS and IP settings do the following:

1. Press the Home button and use the navigation pad to select Settings in the bottom left corner of the screen.

1. Use the navigation pad to select the Network section.

2. Use the navigation pad to select Network Status.

3. The Network Status test will finish and show the status of your network connection.

4.  After this, you can select IP Settings and make adjustments to your Network settings.

Under your network settings on your TV change your DNS address from obtain automatically to 8.8.8.8 or look on your wifi router your and it will have your ISP address you can try that as well.  Some people have had success with these manually entered options. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Running software 1169.  Still has same probem.  Will connect for a day, then disconnect from web.  Stll connected to router.  All else works fine.  Any advice?

Attachments