Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Astronaut

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

I had to reset my tv back to factory settings and reset up my TV.

Astronaut

Had the same problem of drop connections so I used placed a wifi extender next to the TV and connected a cat 5 cable from the extender to the TV. The extender I used is listed below however it is no longer available for sale.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D1G8CTK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Constellation

A new modem/router may be the answer for folks with older equipment.  I happen to have the lastest updated gateway and still have the same issues with internet connectivity.  It may stay connected a day or two but then loses connection. 

A new gateway/router is NOT the solution to most folks issues.

Cosmic Ray

At first I thought you were saying new router is the answer, but now I see what you are saying.

Of course the routers are not the problem unless we all have the same old router, which is near impossible.

I wish Sony made refrigerators. I cant get a Samsung now because I want a connected fridge.
Astronaut

Hey did you ever resolve this? I'm having the exact same issue as you!

G

Samsung Moderator

Could you provide the model of your television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Hey there, I'm from Brazil, and there are a few month since this device has been launched around here, so, like you guys, I've been with the same problemns, but at a few weeks I think that I figure it out, I've tried everything I read here, and in other places, but for me what I had to do is:

Reset the network config

Connect the TV via cable

Note the IP and DNS generated

Unplug the cable

Connect via Wi Fi

Use WPS (pressing the button on router)

That's it, this solutin have been working for 2 weeks now. 

Asteroid

I have model#UN40MU6290 and I have this same issue. Every time I power off my TV and power it back on the wifi connection drops and the only way to get WiFi back is holding the power button on the remote to restart the TV (Samsung smart TV logo appears). This is a brand new TV I got in December and I shouldn't have to restart the TV everytime I wanna power it back on. This happens regardless if the TV is off for 10 hours or 10 seconds.

Samsung Moderator

What is the current software version? 

Asteroid

Current version is 1156.