Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Samsung Moderator

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Whats the model of your TV userEZ01DEyj2Z? Have you tried the DNS change as outlined above?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

worked good for a while on both tv's, but happening again.

Is there a way to change my username here?

As to the TV, between this wifi connection issue and the horrible color banding, I may have to go back to Sony soon.

I am used to Pioneer Elite Kuro Plasma and color banding was nonexistent.    I also had a Sony LCD and dont recall ever seeing this color banding.

Cosmic Ray

You are not alone, I assume there is a HARDWARE issue. I wonder if Sony has the same issues or LG, betting no. Also wondering about color banding, I have it real bad.
Samsung Moderator

user3UNxImSUJL - You sure can change your name, to do so go up to the top right of the screen and click on the little person icon with your current name. This will bring up a list of options. In these options you will see "Change Your Username".  Smiley Happy

More to the issue though, if you have gone through the steps listed here and it's still not connecting we do have the option to dispatch a technician to take a look at it. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Is this the resolution you refer to before sending out tech?  thought i was responding to a post, now dont see your post...

Factory reset is something I havent done, if it worked for anyone else I will do it but I will then have to install, sign in to all my apps I assume?

Factory reset and manually putting in DNS settings is 2 different things, are you suggesting do both?

WHat DNS settings? Either Samsung is or is not continuing to have complaints even after last software update, if so then I dont know if doing all this makes sense, are you?

Comet

@Libertas

Hey there! Have you tried unplugging your TV for approximately 10 minutes? Some issues are fixed by unplugging your TV so any residual charge can burn off and wipe recent memory of the TV. Also, you may want to try unplugging your modem/router from electricity for 10 minutes at the same time as your TV. Sometimes internet that drops often can get wonky- I know mine gets funky about once a month... thanks Cox. It's worth a shot just to see if it does work. 

✨KLHN1986 REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR (ELITE)✨
☆ If you like my answers, I would love stars☆

The rank of contributor is a rank assigned
to community members that have been recognized for
sharing high quality answers and material to the Samsung+ Community.
Contributors do not formally represent Samsung
Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

i guess i need a factory tech out here, help

Astronaut

I have tried literally every trick in the book that samsung reps have told me and all that does is buy me a day where I have a constant internet connection. By the next day, I'm back to resetting the TV after every show because I lose internet on it. 

I'm pretty brand loyalty to Samsung but this TV is nothing short of a disappointing hassle. It's like a 50/50 that it's going to work when I turn it on. 

Cosmic Ray

GEt an extender, set it next to tv, it will work permanently

go on Amazon and buy one for around $30, wifi extender...

Samsung doesnt recognize the problem exists, even their new product line has same issue.  No more Samsung TV for me.

Asteroid

I too have exact same issue.  First year my new SAMSUNG smart tv worked perfect.  Then all of a sudden it constantly drops wifi connection in my home.  I have about 15 devices in my home all active (ChromeCast, Roku, Laptop, AC Ccontrol, Google Home, etc.).  My Samsung TV is in the bedroom and we TRY to use NETFLIX on it when we go to bed.  Works for about one minute and then reverts to a buffer circle spinning that gets to 25% and then stays until it errors out.  Says it has no connection HOWEVER EVERY OTHER DEVICE REMAINS CONNECTED AND MY WIFI IS WORKING!!!!

I have tried EVerything:  New Router, Manual DSN setting to 8.8.8.8. as well as 8.8.4.4.  

HELP HELP HELP HELP. If i cant figure this out in a week, i will have no recourse other than buy another TV and you better believe it will NOT be a SAMSUNG.  Fingers crossed SAMSUNG will address this widely experienced PROBLEM!