Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Asteroid

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

An extender is NOT the answer to this issue. My TV is located next to my modem/router.
Cosmic Ray

Per the info in this thread, get a different TV, I sure would if I had that option now.

Sony or LG wont do this.

To fix this you need a wifi extender, putting it next to the TV, it will STILL disconnect sometimes.  

Samsung doesnt recognize this issue exists, so they are out for me as to TV's.

Samsung Moderator

@jid918: Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

OK, cant wait for you to share what the Samsung moderator does for you, per his questions above.

As far as I know they havent helped a single one of us yet.

Asteroid

My model number is: UN46F6300AF. 

Asteroid

Please send me your actual samsung website instead of the URL shortener above. Need to be sure this is coming from Samsung.com. Thank you.
Samsung Moderator

Sure, the link without the bitly is https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/45

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I just took 2 new TV's, straight out of box, and hooked them up. One yesterday and another today. They are both doing this. They will go for awhile and then just disconnect. All other devices in the house are still connected. The one I installed today did it right after setup. I input all the information, picked the apps I wanted, logged in to 3 or 4 apps, and then started watching a show on Netflix. 10 minutes or so into it, the show starts buffering and then disconnects. I had to reset network settings and put all the information back into the TV before it would come back on. I have a wireless booster about 10 feet away from that TV in the room above it, and it's about 15 feet from the other TV, which also sits about 8 feet above the wireless router.   

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

These the new 2017 models, M series?

No more Samsung anything for me, ever.  Was gonna get their internet refridge but will go LG now.

If you put an extender a foot away, LOL, it will work...Jesus, think about what this says, 2017 and Samsung cant figure out how to connect to the internet

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Got a Samsung smart tv just before thanksgiving -4K.  Same problem as others.  TV constantly loses internet connection.  Turning it off and then on reconnects to the internet, but this has to be done throughout the day and gets annoying.  I expected much better from Samsung.  

Checking this  board periodically for any help or solutions.  Disappointed.