Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Cosmic Ray

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Wont get a solution, they dont accept that the issue exists and even sent out an entire new model for 2017 with the same problem.

wow
Constellation

My Samsung tv is model code UN55MU6300FXZA.  I have had no issues with it or any of my devices on wifi until the most recent time the TV said it updated its software. The current software version on it is 1151.  Now it loses internet connection frequently and intermittently. Factory network reset will fix the issue temporarily. All my other network devices continue to work on my network when the tv loses connection.  I have tried setting up a static IP and this doesn't affect the issue. Resetting the tv's network settings to default, then reconnecting to my network and retyping my password is the only thing that makes it work again. 

There is absolutely some software issue given that all other brand devices connected to my network continue to work, that this device worked before the last software update, and that network factory reset temporarily fixes the issue.  This is disruptive and inconvenient. Please acknowledge this issue and fix it.

Astronaut

So, same problem here... And no solution? This is ridiculous. Now i have to buy a lan cable? I Will send the payment Bill to Samsung. 

Asteroid

I had the identical issue!  Drove me absolutely crazy.  i was convinced it was the samsung TV.  Almost went out and bought another one.  Decided since my router was 7 years old, i would atleast try a new dual band (2.4 & 5) and if it didnt work, atleast i would have a new modem.  I installed the new router and put my Samsung TV on band 5.  Well, fingers crossed and actually forgetting what it felt like to have my samsung TV actually work and stay connected to wifi, IT WORKED!  It stays on ALL DAY LONG!  I listen to music on it and I am constantly happy when i hear it still palying when i am in a new room.  Unlike the 50 other suggests on here (BUT THANKS TO THOSE WHO POSTED TO TRY TO HELP!!!), this one worked.  Now - i absolutley love my samsung TV - and i was about to literally throw it away.

i hope this works for you.  

James D.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Ahh, to be this young and naive again LOL

I have both bands also and have had issues on both.  Right now the only reason I am staying connected is the wifi extender 12 inches from the TV

By THE WAY you folks realize your HULU and AMAZON apps are the old ones, right?  Unless I am the only one, the HULU app should open up NOT to pictures of the many shows in different categories and AMAZON should have a column on the LEFT side showing home, search etc.

Anybody here have those new ones?

Constellation

My Samsung tv is model code UN55MU630DFXZA. The current software version on it is 1151. It loses internet connection every day, multiple times per day. Factory network reset will fix the issue temporarily. I have tried everything else in this string to try and rectify but nothing has actually fixed this issue.

All of my other network devices continue to work on my network when the tv loses connection. I need help. I just bought this a couple weeks ago and it has not worked properly yet. I’m frustrated and very unhappy with this purchase. 

Cosmic Ray

Have you purchased a wifi extender?  Get one, put it a couple feet away, for $50 approximately you can resolve the problem.

Samsung is crap though because of this, I will never buy another one.

Constellation

My signal strength averages 94-98%. Shouldn’t have to buy a WiFi extender. 

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Mine is excellent, I dont see a percentage, but trust me, if your router is over 10 feet away, this is how you resolve it.

Order one on Amazon, try it, return it if it doesnt help.  They are easy to set up.

Astronaut

My two Samsung dumb (smart) Tv's are always losing WiFi connection and I have done the 8888 and the hard reboot but it still persists.

Samsung need to step up to the plate and offer a solution instead of hiding in the weeds as if nothing was wrong.

DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG SMART TV.