Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

[ Edited ]

Just bought a TV from best buy (nu8000). Same issues -- incredibly dissapointing.

I've tried majority of suggestions in this thread.  I did notice the spotify app drops the connection faster than other apps... but the stability of wifi in general is ridiculous. I've hardwired for now.... but come on... I didn't buy a this TV just to end up wiring it.

I have a higher end router (EA9500) so i am going to rule that out as my other network devices stay connected fine. Given that Samsung still hasn't really resolved this issue through a software update and the age of this thread, I am really leaning towards a hardware issue in their product. 

Unnaceptable.

Cosmic Ray

@user8pHI9bcuRP wrote:

Just bought a TV from best buy (nu8000). Same issues -- incredibly dissapointing.

I've tried majority of suggestions in this thread.  I did notice the spotify app drops the connection faster than other apps... but the stability of wifi in general is ridiculous. I've hardwired for now.... but come on... I didn't buy a this TV just to end up wiring it.

I have a higher end router (EA9500) so i am going to rule that out as my other network devices stay connected fine. Given that Samsung still hasn't really resolved this issue through a software update and the age of this thread, I am really leaning towards a hardware issue in their product. 

Unnaceptable.

Save yourself a lot of headaches.  RETURN THE BLOODY TV NOW!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Also a headache to return it as I had it mounted and installed and and don't have the box :-(. But ya, I am heavily leaning towards just returning this thing.

I did notice the TV is on firmware 1153 (says latest version), but 1203.3 is available (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2018-uhd-smart-tv-nu8000)... I'll give that a shot.... long shot.

Oh, and yes Samsung, US based ;].

***Edit***

Well, on new firmware I have had a stable connection for 40 minutes.  8x longer than my original 5 min connectivy Smiley Tongue.

***Edit #2***

2 Hours stable... freaking miracle.  I'll report back tomorrow.

Astronaut

Mine is a 2018. They still haven't fixed this issue.

This is criminal. 

These people are totally incompetent. Exploding washing machines, phones with unstable batteries, and now TVs that can't do what a simple device from the 1990s can do.

Absolute lazy programming and hardware design. They must only hire the worst of the worst in every department. No wonder nobody from samsung is here. I'd be humiliated to admit I worked there.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Out of curiosity what firmware/model of tv are you on?  My update to 1203.3 surprisingly is still stable. 

Constellation

I have a 2017 Q7F Series 75" QLED  

According to the Samsung product page, I should be on firmware version 1262.0  (as of 1/9/19)>
According to my TV, no updates are available and I'm on version 1250.

I haven't figured out how to manual update the firmware yet.  Dropped out of Netflix twice during one movie.

Samsung Moderator

Download the update to a flash drive and place it into your unit.

Cosmic Ray

What about people who cant do that, cant access the point of the TV where you would do that, which I am not sure of where it is anyway.

When will the update be available on the TV it self so during a brief moment that it is connected we can download it.

Cosmic Ray

@Libertas wrote:

What about people who cant do that, cant access the point of the TV where you would do that, which I am not sure of where it is anyway.

When will the update be available on the TV it self so during a brief moment that it is connected we can download it.

Samsung needs to answer but, I agree. 

Not only is it a pain to do, it also takes some technical expertise to download the update file to a computer, save it to a file folder, extract the file and copy it to a flash drive.  Not everyone can do that.  More over, for those where the USB port on their TV is physically inaccessible because it is wall mounted, etc., that is simply not an option.

Unfortunately, the only occasion where the Automatic Update worked on my UN32M530DAF was when I first set it up 9 months ago.  After that, the function appears to longer work.  Every time an update has appeared on Samsung's product page, it has never been picked up by the Automatic Update function on the TV.  Selecting "Check For Updates" has always resulted in "No New Updates".   This latest update, 1262 which I just did today, is no exception.  Because of that, I resorted to plugging in a USB extension cable which allows the plugin of the flash drive at the front of the TV.

Cosmic Ray

does my "one connect" box have the usb so I can download it there?