Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Astronaut

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

I have the same problem as everyone else. I bought a UN55MU8000FXZA - after setup, the TV wont stay connected to WiFi for more than 30 minutes without having to do a reset. I also have contacted Samsung Support multiple times with no resolution. 

I guess I am stuck w/ this TV now...

Cosmic Ray

'return it...i would if i could but mine was Costco and 90 day limit

Constellation

Has anybody else had any success with selecting a specific band for the TV? As mentioned in a recent response?

Have had occasional issues with the WiFi dropping out, clearly specific to the TV, and finally it appears to have died completely. A wired connection will work (but not useful for me).

Software is on auto update, signal strong etc.

Fairly disheartened to find this is a significant issue for Samsung, looking forward to seeing some reactivity from them.

Asteroid

I tried factory reset, worked great for 2 days

Asteroid

I have tried everone of the "fixes" on this board and not one works for more than a day or 2.

Cosmic Ray

Did you also try the wifi extender?

Constellation

Samsung tech attention. I just got the 50 inch 6 series and it's disconnected all day but five times in the last hour. This is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. I'm horrified. I've been so brand loyal and actually returned a perfectly good TCL smart TV to get this Samsung model. It appears this is a longstanding problem and Samsung has no solution. It's obviously going to have to go back. I cannot recommend Samsung anymore. I'll be looking at LGs now. I'm so frustrated. Model UN50MU6300 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Solved - Factory reset from service menu will solve problem of Wi-fi! 

instructions here: https://factory-reset.com/wiki/Samsung_Service_Menu

or 

http://ccm.net/faq/40592-reset-a-samsung-smart-tv-to-factory-settings

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Hasnt this been done several times by several folks here?

Our apps are bull also, both the Amazon and Hulu apps are old, cant update them.

Responding to the post above me about doing a factor reset.  

Asteroid

My UN70KU6300FXZA has had WiFi issues since day 1. I tried every single "fix" on this and several other forums around the web. Sometimes these "fixes" will essentially reboot the WiFi card and/or DNS settings and/or other various settings; but it's never stays. It might go a day or two, but eventually it will go out again; often times triggered by higher bandwidth content like YouTube videos, etc.

Fact is, there is no "fix". I finally realized I had to stop looking. Samsung will NEVER fork over the resources/money to properly fix the issue. They are simply too greedy. And stubborn. And proud. They consider the money that they will save by NOT fixing the issue as outweighing any dissatisfied customers who they probably deem "unruly".

They think of everything in dollar amounts, e.g., they might lose return buyers next cycle due to dissatisfaction, say, 15 million in future sales; but if they were to FIX the issue, it might cost them 20 million....a whole 5 million more! (Hypothetical figures - but this is how they operate).

So, as the greedy, corporate entity that they are, do I really think they are going to do the HUMAN thing and FIX our WiFi cards? Nope. Not gonna happen.

That is why I decided to HARD WIRE my TV to the internet. It was a pain to go in the attic and wire a CAT6 cable over to the living room but it was worth it in the end. CAT6 plugged into the ethernet port on the back of the TV and I now have a consistent, reliable connection.

Fingers crossed the ethernet port doesn't go out next.

Knowing Samsung, they probably have some surreptitious code build in that will activate on some future date that will render my TV completely useless. They might try to sneak it in, you know, in one of those "updates". Yeah, Samsung, I'm on to you...... v.v