Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Cosmic Ray

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

[ Edited ]

Code to render your fix useless  THANKS for making me LOL

All corps by charter must maximize profits no matter the harm to the people working there, the environment, or the product etc.

Their charters demand it.

This is a basic truth about capitalism that most people dont understand, the poster above this post gets it though.

For instance if you do away with tort law suits, tort reform, you do away with a corporation like United Airlines policing themselves, they will simply allow more planes to crash because they wont fear lawsuits and in some cases more crashes will then be cheaper than whatever the fix is.

Constellation

Hi,

I am also having WiFi connection issues on my recently purchased 58" Samsung smart TV. The problem is also intermittent for me as the TV sometimes doesn't connect to WiFi. To get the WiFi working, I need to power cycle the TV a few times.

Reading through the thread, I am curious what WiFi settings others are using. Specifically if your SSID is hidden or if you have tried different wireless channels?

Regardless, many users that have reported this issue throughout the internet and attempts at "fixes" are hit and miss, mainly miss.

I too agree with other posters, that this is something Samsung should address. I plan to return this TV if I can't get it working correctly on wireless and go with a different brand. Running a LAN cable is not an option and why should I have to purchase or bother with additional setup when the wireless feature should be working out of the box as advertised!

Astronaut

When my 65" Samsung Plasma set was new (5 years ago) I never had a problem with the Wi-Fi connection.  I could get the Samsung apps, Pandora, The Web and TED Talks with no problems.  But to be honest I haven't tried to watch anything other than standard cable since then.  Yesterday, I got a NETFILX password/code from a friend and tried to use it.  According to the network screen I AM connected to my Wi-Fi but the message across the screen says I'm not.  I've checked my router, and the TV's network settings and its says I'm connected to my home Wi-Fi.  Funny thing is that I CAN get TED Talks on the TV via the internet but NOTHING ELSE. So I know its connected but when I try to access anything else (Pandora, NetFlix, Samsung Apps, The Web etc etc.) I still get a "not connected" message across the screen..........obviously, IF I can get TED Talks on the TV I'm connected to the internet via Wi-Fi.

From what I've read on this site there really is no solution..........so here's my solution.......I will never buy another Samsung product again.

Cosmic Ray

Never, it is Sony and LG from here on in for tV and fridge, well LG for fridge...wonder what a Sony fridge would be like

Asteroid

Hi Guys,

Well, I figured to add to this post rather than start my own. This is a real problem which i should have researched a month ago when I still could have returned this POS. Bought a new UN58MU6070 soft version 1151 (was on auto update). Anyway, I am having the exact same issue turn off TV reset router config each time I turn it back on. Is Samsung no longer responding to these posts? Brand-New TV....this is really bad. My brand new router is 1 foot away from TV but has no more Lan ports available. I have to reset network each time but the problem persists once I turn off the TV. I am not going to bother with the failed settings others have tried. It really makes no sense because the DNS should auto configure. The common error I am getting is - wireless network failed to connect- no ip, no subnet - all blank. I thought about trying static ip settings but hesitate to do so because I dont think it will matter...Hey Samsung any Ideas???

Asteroid

Success? Guys, try this. If you have software version 1151 (one I have) try the following steps:

1. Go into settings

2. General

3. Network

4. Expert Settings

5. IP remote disable

IPv6 - Uncheck (no blue dot)

6. Exit and reset network settings

7. enter login information

8. Enjoy your TV?

This seems to be working for me at this moment. I cycled power on TV several times and haven't lost network once. Before changes each time I powered off....good luck!! I will report back in a couple of days if it is still working.

Regards 

Constellation

I turned off IPv6 about 2 weeks ago and a few days later the network connection was failing again. Hope it works out for you but I wouldn't be surprised if you have connection issues sometime in the near future.

Setting a static IP also did not work for me, so I wouldn't bother. I also tried adding the TV to my 2.4ghz and 5ghz network but after a few days...connection issues come up again randomly.

In your case what you can do since you have the router close to the TV, is buy a $10-$20 desktop switch and connect it to your router with an ethernet cable. Then on the desktop switch, you will have available LAN ports that you can connect to your TV so the connection is wired.

The reason why Samsung hasn't responeded to this thread is because there is no fix. They know about the issue posted all over the net but they either refuse to fix the WiFi issues on these TVs or they can't fix it (bad board or bad WiFi module perhaps, which would be too costly for them to issue a major recall) 

The really bad thing about this is unknowning consumers who will continue to purchase Samsung TVs only to find out the WiFi is crap and can no longer return the TV.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

@Mechcanic 

Since your router is close, get a workgroup 5 or 8 port extender/switch- (Linksys & Cisco have inexpensive ones). VERY easy to hook up.... works just like an electrical extension cord, just with ethernet cords. This will give you a LAN port to hard wire your TV. 

Constellation

Since your router is close, get a workgroup 5 or 8 port extender/switch- (Linksys & Cisco have inexpensive ones). VERY easy to hook up.... works just like an electrical extension cord, just with ethernet cords. This will give you a LAN port to hard wire your TV.
Constellation

I can’t believe what I’m reading, we been dealing with this for a year when 4 of the 6 tv’s we bought for our new house were Samsung’s.  Fortunately the two in the main rooms we bought LG OLED’s.  After dealing with Cox I found this site.  I’m calling Samsung tomorrow and then it sounds like a sledgehammer might be the only other option