Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

My Fix So Far: I switched to my 5G wifi from the usual 2.4. This is if you have an at least dual band router. It is faster and doesn't share channels but has shorter range. It's best I think to use the 5g for gaming and 4K or other HDTVs as opposed to simple net surfing. 

Hope that helps someone. 

Constellation

Try switching to 5g on your router
Cosmic Ray

Have been using 5g all along, it will go bad again, trust me.

Constellation

this is a problem I have also been experiencing. Network will not reconnect automatically after switching off. This only happens after about a week of having reset the t.v.. Why will Samsung not fix this issue, it's clearly a software issue because when I go back to the setup wizard and.select a network, then only will it reconnect. This is a simple software fix and. Samsung need to not screw up their TV'S like this!

Cosmic Ray

Software?  I would think whatever hardware in the TV that is the wifi is what is wrong, not software.

Constellation

Yes Software. My reason is that when I manually connect via the setup wizard, it has remembered my wifi details. And when i select the Access Point (router name), then it reconnects. So, in my opinion, the hardware works, just the software isn't smart enough to reconnect properly when coming out of standby.
Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

If it is a software issue and still not fixed then Samsung is a joke

Also, both the HULU and AMAZON apps are old, there are much newer versions, and it simply CANT be that big of a deal to update them but no.

Figured I would delete them and add them back to see if the newer version was there but you cant delete the main apps.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

If you have any other Wi-Fi or Bluetooth devices connected to your TV, maybe try this as a troubleshooting option:

1.  Disconnect any devices from your TV  (ie: Chromecast, Soundbar)

2.  Factory reset your affected TV

3.  Reboot your Wi-Fi router

4.  Reconnect the TV to Wi-Fi network

Then, one-by-one, re-connect any devices to the TV and see if it maintains a connection.  Good luck if you try it!

Asteroid

I just wanted to update from the many replies in this thread. I have not had a disconnect, slowdown or wifi connection issue since changing the settings as I suggested. Hope it helps others...good luck

Constellation

Spend 30 bucks for a fire stick.