Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Astronaut

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

I solved the problem on my TV by going to Menu - System - AnyNet and turning AnyNet Off

Astronaut

Turn AnyNet off
Astronaut

Samsung frame has the same problem. Will no longer connect to my home Wi-Fi. UNREAL

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

@userkDJA1qILvQ wrote:
Turn AnyNet off

That's especially unfortunate for those who have soundbars and like the ARC (Audio Return Channel) feature and Anynet+ to control the soundbar (auto power/volume) with the supplied TV remote.

If that is your only option to workaround the Wi-Fi issue (but you still want to use a soundbar), then you might like to know that lots of people use TOSLink (optical) to pass sound.  That means using seperate remotes is all.

The next problem this presents is that with using optical, the TV is supposedly incapable of passing Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1 surround (from an HDMI connected source) without the use of an HDMI switch.  Here is a link to another website that describes how to achieve that workaround.  Here is another link found within these Samsung forums, explaining how your TV decodes and outputs sound, and in which audio format.

I have a 2015 (SUHD) and a 2017 (Premium UHD) set.  No problems with Wi-Fi on either set using HDMI 1.4 cables and the Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) and ARC functionality.  Wish I could be of more help, but at least there's a known workaround for those of you who need it.

Cosmic Ray

One last suggestion to try before disabling Anynet+ if HDMI-CEC and ARC are important to you, posted by another forum member in another thread:

@Mechcanic wrote:

I posted this at the end of another thread. It is working so well I thought to start a thread myself. Hope it helps! Everyone, haven't lost network since the change and no more slow downs and disconnects....freaking yes.

Everyone, try this. I have software version 1151  try the following steps:

1. Go into settings

2. General

3. Network

4. Expert Settings

5. IP remote disable

IPv6 - Uncheck (no blue dot)

6. Exit and reset network settings

7. enter login information

8. Enjoy your TV?

This seems to be working for me at this moment. I cycled power on TV several times and haven't lost network once. Before changes each time I powered off....good luck!! I will report back in a couple of days if it is still working.

Regards 

Asteroid

WOW ! I can now have unerupted WIFI on my new LG TV!  Best way to fix Samsung problem with connection and lack there of

Constellation

Same. So tired. 

Constellation

Same problem. My DirecTV box is one shelf down, a bit more enclosed and has no problem finding and staying connected to my 5Ghz wifi. 

Samsung's uselsss offshored customer support just reads off scripts and can't be understood.  May bring back to Costco as I bought this TV within the last week. Everything else about it is nice, sad. 

Constellation

Thank you Costco 90 day return window! I am also returning my Samsung TV after purchasing an LG TV I found on sale. 

For me its a matter of principle... Lack of responses from Samsung support and no fix for what seems like an issue thats been plaguing these Samsung smart TVs for years. 

Never buying another Samsung TV! 

Constellation

Honestly, so mad I spent so much on a Smart TV that I can barely use.