Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

Honestly, so mad I spent so much on a Smart TV that I can barely use. 

Cosmic Ray

We want a smart fridge and were going to go Samsung, cant now. Dont know what to do, wanted to buy Costco for the fridge.
Constellation

I’ve tried so many things that haven’t worked too, the only thing that seems to be working for me is a power cycle - unplug your TV for 30 seconds and when you turn it back on, it should work.
Astronaut

Just as a fwiw...
Been fighting this battle for over a year.

Thought the network card in my old TV was just old and worn out, so bought a new Samsung TV to replace it. (Nov 2017)

To my surprise, the problems continued to the new TV... And continue to this day.

Wireless works for a while... But the kicker is that I have the exact same problem with a wired connection.
I lose network connectivity after about an hour no matter how I am connected.

Thought my switch was failing, so I ran the wire straight from the router... Same problem.

Meanwhile, everything else in the house stays connected to the 'net - including my Roku stick in my back room

Definitely my last Samsung TV
Constellation

[ Edited ]

Same issue with WiFi dropping out on the TV. It’s a UE32K5500. Only fix is a power off/on. There’s no power switch on the tv and there’s no way to soft reset from the menu. 

Don’t understand why people even suggest DNS settings as these have no bearing on staying connected to a WiFi network. In my case, I go to launch an app like YouTube or Netflix and I get an error saying there’s no internet connection. The built in TV troubleshooting process shows no connection to the router (WiFi network). It’s total nonsense as all other devices in my house stay connected, even the SKY Q mini box which is connected via HDMI and ONLY works by streaming from the master SKY box downstairs. Face it, Samsung, there’s a hardware issue that can only be resolved by a TV reboot. This is the last Samsung TV I buy. 

Astronaut

I completely agree. This issue is beyond annoying and because of it, I will never buy Samsung again.
Astronaut

I have the 6100MU model and it does the exact same thing. Its every other day for me. Its the tv. I have a firestick for a non-smart tv upstairs that has zero issues. Have already called Samsung tech support, theyve done their reset. Just waiting to find a free night to call in again. I'm with you guys, never again on a Samsung. So very disappointed. Costco has a 55" TCL on sale at Costco that I'm most likely going to go swoop up instead.

Cosmic Ray

Really annoying, as I say I want a internet fridge, only two to choose from , LG or Samsung.

So only one to choose from now.

Astronaut

For a day

Constellation

[ Edited ]

So basically I've just discovered that I've purchased a $3,500 paper weight? I don't subscribe to a cable service. I am using Youtube TV exclusively... via my wifi connection... which only works when it wants to... You have to be kidding me...

...and this has been going on for years & Samsung claims no liability?

Attachments