Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs made before 2016

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: WHY SO HARD FOR Samsung? Re: Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs made before 2016

Same prob. Bought 3 samsung tv's for our new home 2 years ago, ditching cable for Youtubetv and have to use a work-around? Last Samsung for me as well.
Asteroid

Re: WHY SO HARD FOR Samsung? Re: Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs made before 2016

Just get a roku or chromecast. Both are under $35

Constellation

Re: Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs made before 2016

Although I can cast the regular YouTube app to my Samsung 60 LED -- I presume 2015 -- I cannot cast YouTube TV to my Samsung TV. When will this be possible and when will app be available? Seems like a lot of demand for this.

Astronaut

I have a similar question as the rest of this thread.  My full model code is:  UN55J620DAF and YouTube TV is not available in the apps store and my software is updated with the latest and greatest.  Thank you for your attention to this.

Astronaut

Here is the best Solution: Get an LG TV you will not believe the difference, SPEED, and convenience and Youtube TV APP. I'm done with Samsung TV's and Phones period. My wife will not use a cell phone or computer to watch TV, neither will I.
Astronaut

Adding my frustration with this issue as a long-time Samsung supporter through the years. You’re forcing me to use Apple TV and avoid Samsung TVs in the future for my homes (plural).

Constellation

Seriously Samsung, you put Android on all your phones, but not your TV's?  Do that and all these issues go away.  Unfortunately I started with a few Samsung 4k TV's before YouTube TV even existed, but in the future I will be selecting another manufacturer for my TV's (and other products).  Good luck with your proprietary platform in the current ecosystem.

Astronaut

How can this query be marked as solved?  The question is: where is the YouTube TV app for "older" Samsung smart tvs?  "I don't know" is not a solution. 

Samsung Moderator

The YouTube TV developers have made the decision not to provide an app for these televisions. They have movet from the Flash platform to the HTML5 platform.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

This is not solved. Many of us have elected to leave cable and satellite tv. YouTube TV is the best option at present. Why won’t our pre 2016 smart tv download that app?