JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube app for 2016 TVs and older?

(Topic created: 11-25-2017 12:10 AM)
userieDejoAhpT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Youtube TV app for Samsung Smart TVs has been released.

https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-smart-tvs-youtube-tv-app/

This states it is for 2016, 2017 models.  Is Samsung going to release app for earlier TVs?  I purchased my TV in 2016.  Could not upgrade to app.  Turns out my model UN32J5205AFXZA was apparently made in 2015.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userkwDQfHjN7a
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I cannot find the app on my tv.... un55ju640d.  And, I cannot figure out how to update the firmware.  I believe I’ve had the tv for three years.... too old for the app?  Thoughts?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

userkwDQfHjN7a, please go to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung and provide the current software version. 

0 Likes
userRITXzdDwXf
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My software version is: 

T-N14MJAUSS-1002

Any idea if I can download a YouTube TV app?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

userRITXzdDwXf, what is the full model code? Is it available in the app store?

user2V5Zqyn8a8
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a similar question as the rest of this thread.  My full model code is:  UN55J620DAF and YouTube TV is not available in the apps store and my software is updated with the latest and greatest.  Thank you for your attention to this.

0 Likes
userm0UD4tNn8G
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

OMG people! Spend $35 on a smart tv stick! Problem solved.

0 Likes
usera2SccrecLo
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Why is it so hard for a company a large as Samsung to pruduce udates to there older models which make them capable of getting apps like amazon and You Tube TV?  I bought my TV in 2015 and I will tell you guys if you can not get on the ball with this it is the last time I go with a samsung product.  I do hope Samsung will reply and perhaps pass this to the CEO.  bad business practice when you could program app updates. 

usertTHEx3RUG6
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here. Six months for a patch for older smart hubs is just ridiculous. Shows Samsung’s priority is not to keep their customers on Samsung when they next upgrade their TV.

userZO9PwKgKFp
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem...same level of frustration! Does Samsung assume people will just ditch their 2-3 year-old tvs and buy new ones?!? Not me! If they can’t fix this issue I’ll buy Apple TV or a Roku and pick up You Tube TV app through one of those. Oh...and it will be last Samsung product I purchase! 

useruS5msLdIZI
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just cut off Xfinity cable service to my home and bought a Roku Streaming Stick+ for my older 1080p Samsung LCD TV in my bedroom to subscribe to YouTube TV. It works flawlessly as Roku advertised.

I didn’t think I would need to purchase another Roku Streaming Stick+ for my UN65JS8500 Smart TV to access YouTube TV. Looks like my Samsung UHD Smart TV isn’t as ”smart” as Samsung claims it to be. Please release the YouTube TV app for this and other 2014-2015 Smart TVs.