ju7500 firmware 1510

Highlighted
Constellation

ju7500 firmware 1510

I just got a firmware update yesterday to 1510.  What was included in this firmware update?  I cant find that info anywhere.  Its not listed in the download firmware section?  It didnt patch the blueborne vulnerability.  App still shows vulnerable.

15 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: ju7500 firmware 1510

same here with a ju7100. Was hoping (naively) HDR support, but couldn't find any option in the setup menus...

Astronaut

Is it possible to add HDR to this TV with firmware? 

ju7500 firmware 1510

I got it too on my js9000 can't find any details.
Constellation

Why cant Samsung just post what the firmware does?  It shouldnt be that hard.  

Astronaut

I'm curious too. Where are the change logs. 

Constellation

they added HDR via firmware update for 2016 models. Wasn't hoping for it since there were no updates for us since jan. Assume the only thing they did was updating/removing apps or security updates.

Samsung Moderator

Good morning guys, sorry for the delay. Firmware version 1510's release notes are as follows:

-Apply patch for security issue

-Add the HEVC for enhance the streaming compression to the FHD model ( Amazon)

-Spotify (NaCl) App - Troubleshooting audio lag

-Youtube Live TV DRM contents support

- Other Minor Fixes

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Thanks for the info.  It mentions security issue but it does not patch blueborne issue yet.  Do you know when that will occure or will samsung add ability to turn off bluetooth?

Samsung Moderator

Technically you can turn off the bluetooth using the service menu, but only our Remote Support team can do that for you. (The M,MU, and MS models I do not recommend doing so though as the remote connects over bluetooth and I'm sure you see where I'm going lol) So far we have not been given any dates or anything just the standard "we're looking into it". 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.