networkd error code 012

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: networkd error code 012

I have the same problem. Tried DNS 8888 and 8844 and it didn’t work. Software update is not active. I can watch the Netflix so the net is working fine but cannot access the Samsung apps (error code 12)

Model UN40EH5300
Software 1034.2

Supernova

Thank you for that information. It looks like there is an updated software for your unit, you can find it by visiting the following link.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2012-led-smart-tv-eh5300-series?redir=UN40EH5300

Astronaut

Constellation

Exact thing I’m going through so I tried connecting to the server so I can do the update (same model) and the tv gives me an error code

ERROR_EXE_001

so now it’s dropping off the network connection and I’m continuing to try to reconnect

yes I’ve also restarted my router several times

Any other options other than buying a new non Samsung tv?

Astronaut

My Samsung tv is also doing the same. Been going fine for years, now is totally useless. I’m growing very tired of Samsung and it’s issues. 

Mine is also doing network connection error. 012, also “error_exe_001”.

ive tried changing the dns. I’ve also tried reset the same as the other ppl. The Samsung menu “software update” is not highlighted an therefore can’t select it. :-(

ive also tried contacting Samsung support to no avail. They couldn’t fix it. They did all the processes that I had already done. Then he said he’s elevation to a higher level, and they’d be back in contact in 24-48 hrs. But that was 4 days ago now. Appreciate any help. Cheers .

Samsung Moderator

If you are trying to open the menu and update the software while the smart hub is opened, it will be greyed out. You must open the menu to update the software from the main TV sources like HDMI1. If you provide the TV model and current software version you are running I can check the most updated firmware version available for you. You can always update firmware/software over USB. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

I had to reset twice but it finally worked for me!

Astronaut

I have the same problem.  The network connection is good.  I've updated my TV's software.  My router is relatively new. I restarted the router. I have a hard wired connection. I get the 012 error in the Smart Tv APPS but network settings show it's connected. 

Astronaut

Says function not available when I try to check for a software update. It says I'm connected to both when I try to connect to network but I can't do anything. I am using a wired connection but neither wired or wireless work.

Supernova

Can I get the full model number of the unit in question?