Original topic:

5G vs Wifi

(Topic created: 08-09-2020 12:47 AM)
BuzzB
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I'm not a techie and I'm confused. I am planning to get the new Tab S7 when it is available. If I get the 5G version, does that mean I won't have access to wifi? I looked at the specs and there is no mention of wifi. While I can use 5G in the U.S., I rely on wifi for international travel.  Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Equipped with 5G18 and Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, the tablets are always connected, offering you freedom to explore new worlds, play with friends, and stream compatible games in the highest possible resolution. Give this link a try for further information: https://news.samsung.com/us/galaxy-tab-s7-plus-unpacked-2020/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Equipped with 5G18 and Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, the tablets are always connected, offering you freedom to explore new worlds, play with friends, and stream compatible games in the highest possible resolution. Give this link a try for further information: https://news.samsung.com/us/galaxy-tab-s7-plus-unpacked-2020/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Equipped with 5G18 and Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, the tablets are always connected

@SamsungAdam , unless you live in rural America. 🙂  My devices are deaf once I leave my house.  We need more cell towers and fiber 😞

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userxTMqfQ1qrF
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

BuzzB - I guess you have read the typical corporate obfuscation from SamsungAdam. Did it help?

Yes, you will still be able to use WiFi, as normal, if you have a 5G-equiped device.

0 Likes