Original topic:

A Couple of Issues With Samsung Tab A (2016)

(Topic created: 07-13-2022 06:28 PM)
ShadowW0lf
Constellation
Options
Tablets

First of all, I hope this is the correct category, it appears there isn't a separate one for tablets. 

My uncle gave me his Samsung Tab A (2016). I legit haven't used a tablet for several years and the last one I had was an iPad so I am having a couple of problems:

1. I can't remove his Samsung account. 
I read about going to settings > Accounts and Backup/Cloud and Accounts > Accounts and tapping 'Remove Account' but I can't do that. Whenever I tap his account it brings up a log-in screen. I tried to overwrite his ID with mine but it responded with 'Invalid ID/Password' and after so many attempts now I am being told that I exceeded the allotted number of attempts and have to reset the password.
Is there anything I can do since I can't reset the password?
I can't add my account as a second Samsung account either. It won't allow me because a Samsung account already exists. 

2. I can't get Chrome on my Home Page. 
Chrome does not appear on the All Apps Page so I have to access it using the finder nor can I drag it from the finder. How do I get it on my home page? 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello! I understand how not being able to remove the account and cause some frustration. You may have to reset the password to be able to be signed in on his account first then remove it. Or you can try a factory reset the tablet to remove everything. As for adding an app to the home screen, you can use the following link to get that done. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076769/#:~:text=Open%20the%20Apps%20screen%20by,then%...

0 Likes