JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A7 tablet speakers won't turn off when headphone connected (same for bluetooth and wire)

(Topic created: 12-22-2021 11:57 PM)
STACKANOVITE
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Good day everyone. 

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy A7 tablet for my grandson.  Before I gave it to him I was testing it to make sure everything was working.  Ran into a couple of problems that I can't figure out.

1. When bluetooth headset or wired headset is connected, the sound from the tablet speakers does not turn off.

2. Some bluetooth headsets will not connect.  I have two sets, one without without problems (except the tablet speakers do not turn off).  The other set is recognized and pairs but will not connect.

RE: #1 : I thought shutting off the device speakers when headphones connect is industry standard. Is there some setting on this device I'm missing?

RE: #2 : I thought higher levels of bluetooth are backward and forward compatible.  Was I wrong? Is it possible the headset does not have a version compatible with the tablet bluetooth version?

Thank you for help and possible clarification.

All the best,

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
STACKANOVITE
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi NeonX89.  Thanks for your reply.

I took a different route this morning.  Reset the tablet to factory and built it up again.

That worked.  Now tablet speakers turn off when either Bluetooth headset or wired headset is connected.  The Bluetooth headset that would not connect will connect now and the one that did connect still does.  Back to normal expected results.  Thank God I didn't have to send this back.  

As a guess I'd say the upgrade to Android 11 was the culprit.  With the factory reset it's still Android 11 and everything works.

Is there a way to mark this resolved? I'm new here...

Season's Greetings!

Peter

View solution in context

3 Replies
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Tablets
When playing a video does it ask you to select the source you want to play the audio from "like when actually have the device connected and on?"

I know older models of Bluetooth that might not properly connect but you said same thing with wired headphones?

I would guess there's a deeper issue.
0 Likes
Solution
STACKANOVITE
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi NeonX89.  Thanks for your reply.

I took a different route this morning.  Reset the tablet to factory and built it up again.

That worked.  Now tablet speakers turn off when either Bluetooth headset or wired headset is connected.  The Bluetooth headset that would not connect will connect now and the one that did connect still does.  Back to normal expected results.  Thank God I didn't have to send this back.  

As a guess I'd say the upgrade to Android 11 was the culprit.  With the factory reset it's still Android 11 and everything works.

Is there a way to mark this resolved? I'm new here...

Season's Greetings!

Peter

STACKANOVITE
Constellation
Options
Tablets

OK, figured it out. 

0 Likes