Original topic:

AMOLED versus LCD

(Topic created on: 7/27/20 4:10 PM)
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Tablets

Hi all!

With some recent rumors floating around I've been researching AMOLED versus LCD dispalys. I've heard that AMOLED displays are better for contacts and full spectrum color, but that LCD displays are easier on the eyes and better for reading in the sun or with light reflection.

• Have you used both? Which did you prefer?
  • Do you think one is better for reading books with? Which one and why if so?
  • Does AMOLED versus LCD matter to you? What's the most important factor when it comes to a display for you? (Fast refresh? Pixel density? How well colors are portrayed? Brigtness?)

Looking forward to your thoughts!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JoshQ
Sun
Options
Tablets
Amoled is definitely the way to go:thumbs_up: Brighter, Colors are better and more vibrant, easier to see in sunlight from my experience, Black's are truly black and it saves battery. This is through my experience with the many devices that I have. Hope this helps:thumbs_up:
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
JoshQ
Sun
Options
Tablets
Amoled is definitely the way to go:thumbs_up: Brighter, Colors are better and more vibrant, easier to see in sunlight from my experience, Black's are truly black and it saves battery. This is through my experience with the many devices that I have. Hope this helps:thumbs_up:
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

OddThomas
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I have used an LCD for a year then switched to an AMOLED and it was the best decision. When watching Netflix or other programs, I would have much more blocky color gradients because of the limited ability of the LCD, also I couldn't use it outdoors because it was never bright enough, only after turning on outdoors mode, could I still barely see the screen. I have had no problems with my AMOLED display and it has been very pleasant. I rarely notice the pixels after putting on a glass screen protector which slightly magnifies the screen but everything is still smooth and clear.
Options
Tablets
AMOLED all the way! Much more solid of a display, plus having a blue light filter on does wonders on my eyes :eyes:! If my comment was helpful at all with your problem then please heart the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes