Original topic:

Adaptive Power Saving-Tab S8 Plus

(Topic created: 05-23-2022 05:00 PM)
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Tablets
Hi everybody! I have been experiencing problems with the Adaptive Power Saving since I got this Tab S8 Plus brand new, Adaptive Power Saving is not working. It has nothing to do with learning user patterns because I got this Tablet since the first day that was available for consumers, over two months. I have contacted Samsung but it seems there is no fix yet. Just in case I've tried Wipe Cache Partition and Repair Apps. Is anyone having the same problem? 
5 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

How do you know that it's not working?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Tablets
You will have a battery saving mode icon :battery: next to the wifi or network icon signal.Screenshot_20220524-173238_One UI Home_6357_1653427958.jpg
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I typically don't use power saving but as a test yesterday I turned on adaptive power saving, which from what I've read, automatically turns on/off Power saving.  As soon as my Tab S8 Ultra hit 15% the battery icon appeared, and Power Saving was automatically turned on.  At 13% I plugged my tablet in and by the time I checked it was at 15% and power Saving was automatically turned off.  It seems to be working as designed on my tablet.

I also turned on Adaptive Battery but its usage is mostly invisible to the user only possibly manifesting itself in longer battery time.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Tablets
Even if Adaptive Power Saving activates at 15% that's too late too low. Adaptive Power Saving should activate before to let you use the device for more time. What is left when you have 15% of the battery? Anyway at least you know someone has this problem.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Since I just turned it on a day ago. I'm not surprised at the percentage.  Supposedly this will change as it learns.  I do think that the only time that the battery icon come on is when the adaptive routine turns on one of the levels of power saving.

The internet is all over the place with what's actually supposed to happen and there is a lot of confusion between adaptive power and adaptive battery.

Bill
---
0 Likes