Original topic:

Android downgraded after factory reset

(Topic created: 07-24-2022 10:22 AM)
userTZMMFzQsif
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a SM-P550 tablet that that I had to do a factory reset on yesterday.  After it was done, i found that the Android version is 7.1.1. I know that it started at that version but was upgraded to 8.0 at some point. I was surprised that the factory did this.

I tried to do a manual update and the result told me I was at the current software update.  I assume this was only for the tablet and not Android version.

I have not rooted my tablet. How do I get it back to Android 8.0?

0 Likes
4 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Everything I read reports the latest version at 7.1.1
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userTZMMFzQsif
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Maybe so but as I stated it was upgraded to 8.0.  I had Microsoft apps on my tablet and at some point 8.0 was required to run them.  Since my tablet has been downgraded, I cannot reinstall the Micorsoft apps due to incompatiblity issues.

So restating my question, how do I get 8.0 on my tablet?

0 Likes
saulsetton
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
You can flash it with Odin on a pc
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Yep, I understand that but Samsung doesn't support upgrading it. Head over to XDA-developers.com and get help there, might even be able to upgrade to a newer version than 8.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes