Original topic:

App support

(Topic created on: 4/9/21 7:09 AM)
MTitus
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Could use some advice.  I just purchased a Galaxy Tab S7 thinking it would work seamlessly with my Galaxy S20 phone.  I am disappointed. I attempted to set up the android messenges app to find out that it will not send or receive messeges becuase it is not supported by AT&T my phone carrier.  Has anyone found a solution for this?  I use that app almost exclusively on my phone and would like the threads to continue on my tablet. I have had no trouble with this on my iPads.  I am able to send and receive and keep conversations going through the Facebook messenger app.  this is not my favorite way to communicate as not all of my contacts use Facebook.. I would appreciate some guidance.
0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@MTitus 

Unfortunately AT&T requires you to use their "AT&T Messages" app for your tablet. This is not a Samsung limitation or requirement, it is imposed completely by AT&T and forced onto the Samsung device. 

Another solution that might work is to use the Google messages app on your phone instead of the Samsung messages app. Then in Chrome on your tablet you can go to messages.google.com and link it with your phone. Then you can see all your messages and respond as needed. I do this on my computer all the time but haven't tried it on a tablet. 

MTitus
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thanks. I figured out it was all about AT&T. I will try the Google messages app with your instructions. I so appreciate your quick response!!!
MTitus
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I attempted to download the Google Messenger and I received a meesage that say the Galaxy Tab S7 doesn't support the app. I have been unsuccessful finding a messaging app that will allow me to use it on both my S20 phone and the S7 tablet. With the exception of the facebook messenger app. And that is limited to people who have facebook. Sad and very disappointed that my new tablet will not fully function for me.
0 Likes