JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Apps not staying on SD Card

(Topic created: 07-05-2021 12:18 PM)
userYcJQl4YscN
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a Galaxy Tab and when I move some of my apps over they don't stay on my SD card. What is causing this issue? And can it be fixed?

7 Replies
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Tablets
Going to settings go to apps pick that specific app and then go to storage at the top it will say storage used then it'll say internal pick change and change it to SD card if the app does not have this option it's an internal storage app only The only way else you could do it is to go to my files and move the entire folder of data to the SD card and let it run off the SD card but sometimes that's not possible.
Or go to permissions and give the app permission to access your storage then you may be able to pick internal or SD card
0 Likes
userYcJQl4YscN
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thank you for responding. Yes, I do go to storage and change it to external and then it moves back to internal. With some research I found out its a bug with Samsung. 

0 Likes
Solution
DrummerMan
Star
Options
Tablets
Whenever an App that is stored on the SD card is updated it is moved back to internal storage and you then have to go back and move it back to the SD card. This has to be repeated every time the App is updated.
0 Likes
AJOsulli
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Same problem here too.
0 Likes
Members_0bCXgDI
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have a 21 month old Samsung Galaxy Tab A7. Used an SD card from Samsung and has always worked fine. Yesterday, card stopped working. Got a new card, and slot still not working. Did a factory reset and it is still not working. Any ideas on how to resolve?

AJOsulli
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Same problem here!
0 Likes