Original topic:

Apps won't move to MicroSD card

(Topic created: 10-21-2022 12:50 PM)
pharmacist1952
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Bought the A7 lite (10/15/22) tablet and it will not let me move apps to the card even tho it recognizes the new card. Says no space in card. Happened in two new tablets. Samsung says it's a programming issue. Any one with same issues?

12 Replies
Ekamek
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Try enabling "force allow apps on external" in Developer options. You have to enable developer options first though
K87
Comet
Options
Tablets
I did this on my phone, and moved everything but now it's claiming my internal storage is full despite literally nothing being saved to it?
Also, I accidentally unenabled the option and when I re-enabled it, it no longer works?
Any anything u could possibly suggest would be greatly appreciated
0 Likes
Ekamek
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Try powering off, remove card, power on without the card, and turn if off after you access the home screen. Reinsert the card then power it on again to see if it resets. Hope that helps
K87
Comet
Options
Tablets
I will, thanks
0 Likes
Sarge2
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Yes I have also experienced this issue but only on some apps like Amazon Shopping but others move just fine. Ekamek's comment/response makes sense.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The ability to move apps to SD card is a function of the app, not the phone.  If an app doesn't move it's because it is not designed to.  Also, many apps will move back to Internal memory when they update themselves so it's probably smart to turn off auto update for those apps. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
K87
Comet
Options
Tablets
All of my apps automatically move themselves back to the SD card after updating and I didn't have to do anything to make it that way, it may depend on the device?
0 Likes
Ekamek
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Some apps will not allow you to move them to SD card but most can be moved. Firmware also come with feature which enable moving them.
K87
Comet
Options
Tablets
The ability to force the phone to allow u to is in developer's options... However, I don't recommend messing with those unless u know what ur doing
0 Likes