cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Are there any first party options for connecting a Samsung Tab S6 to a Windows PC for mirroring?

Hello, I used to own a Samsung Tab S4 and used SideSync to connect it to my Windows PC for mirroring, this worked fantastically, with no flaws or issues.

I now own a Tab S6 and apparently now there are ZERO options for connecting my tablet to my PC. I have talked to Samsung reps and they have told me to use Samsung Flow. Samsung Flow does not work with the Tab S6 and isn't even supported on Samsung Flow's site. I was also told to try Samsung Dex. While Dex will launch on my tablet and while there is a table I can use to connect it to a monitor, a totally useless feature if you ask me, but a Samsung rep asked me to install the Dex program and try connecting my tablet and, of course it didn't work either.

Is there ANY first party solution that will properly mirror my Tab S6 to my PC that I could do for years with my Tab S4 with no problems and for some reason this feature was removed?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Are there any first party options for connecting a Samsung Tab S6 to a Win..

hmmm if the Wire suggested didnt work maybe you could go grab a Chromecast?? I use it to mirror all of the devices in my house. got one hooked in every tv since they aren't expensive anymore. not the expensive Nests or anything but just the chromecast dongle. dunno if it's the end all be all solution but it mirrors seamlessly
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Are there any first party options for connecting a Samsung Tab S6 to a Win..

Can chrome cast, cast as a window to a Windows PC? I don't care about mirroring to a TV, I'm not going to do that.

Highlighted

yeah it will cast to any screen within the wifi network for example I can cast my phone to my Chromebook my chromebook to my tablet tablet to my tv and on and in. once it's up and running all of your devices will have a cast button . your PC will have extra setting to Cast Device, Mirror the Screen etc. I suggest casting the whole device or Mirror because if you only cast the screen then once you open a new tab it wont show on the applied screen as its locked into that first homescreen. Theres quite a few other options in the Developers Menu to tweak around with also depending on which device you are casting to/from. like I said might not be your end all solution but it has helped me with similar problems as an inexpensive workaround
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Are there any first party options for connecting a Samsung Tab S6 to a Windows PC for mirroring?

Unfortunately I guess the answer to this is "no"? Flow still doesn't work, SideSync still doesn't work. Dex is useless.