JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth keyboard suddenly doesn't work

(Topic created: 01-03-2020 08:31 AM)
userwaHop4iffg
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My Tab A (SM-T580) is running Android 8.1.0. I've been using a third-party Bluetooth keyboard successfully for nearly two years. Several days ago it wouldn't display the letter I typed: I press "p" and "l" is displayed, press "e" and a period is displayed, and so on for all the letters. The numbers display correctly. I paired this keyboard with my Win10 desktop and my LG phone and it worked correctly. This leads me to suspect a Bluetooth issue on the tablet. Any thoughts?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userwaHop4iffg
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Safe mode didn't help. Chatted w/Samsung support: backed up data to Samsung Cloud, did a factory data reset, and voila! Keyboard works. I hope that restoring my data doesn't reintroduce the problem.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

First try "un-pairing" the keyboard from your Bluetooth list of paired devices.  Then re-pair the device and see if it now works.

If it is still messed up go to Settings -> Apps ->three dot menu and Show System then scroll down to Bluetooth and Force stop and clear the cache.

Please Let me know if either of these work.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userwaHop4iffg
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I had already tried to re-pair with no success. I followed your instructions re: force stop of Bluetooth. Problem still exists. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I really have nothing else for you with the exception of the normal clear the system cache and factory reset stuff but you probably don't want to hear that 😉

I have had goog results clearing the bluetooth cache so I thought that would work.

Ahh, how about booting into the SAFE mode and see if it still is wonky?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Solution
userwaHop4iffg
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Safe mode didn't help. Chatted w/Samsung support: backed up data to Samsung Cloud, did a factory data reset, and voila! Keyboard works. I hope that restoring my data doesn't reintroduce the problem.

View solution in context

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Great news!

Bill
---
0 Likes