Bricked after update from Samsung

(Topic created: 09-13-2022 08:24 PM)
Members_IvA8u9a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I let my tablet. 

T870NZKFXAR

Update and it got stuck in a loop of start up screen where is says Galaxy S7 blah blah blah, then a Samsung across the screen, then off.  Repeated until battery died.  No help from support as holding any combination of volume keys and power did absolutely nothing, even tried to time it in the looping screens.  No good.  Then someone suggested to use Odin?  I down loaded it to the PC and plugged it in.  Now if I hold power, volume up, and where the home button would be, then I get to some menu with things like logs etc.  I see where there is an option to update firmware? So now I'm downloading a file off of some web page.  No idea what I'm doing, but the tablet wasn't working any more anyways.  If I can't get it to work, I will buy an iPad or a small laptop!

12 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

Kinda funny, really ...

quote: the tablet wasn't working any more anyways

And yet you complain the update didn't work .... for a device that wasn't working to begin with .... good luck with the Apple

0 Likes
Members_IvA8u9a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

The update bricked the tablet.  I really like my Samsung, but right now it nothing more than wasted carbon.  LOL.  It was working before the update.  Yah, I don't think I could ever use an Apple product.

user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Reset to factory default ...
0 Likes
Members_IvA8u9a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Didn't work

Members_IvA8u9a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Texting with support again, and he brought up a thought... The internet at my house via wifi dropped while it was downloading the update.  Maybe that **bleep** it up?  Grrrrrr...  I hope my refrigerator doesn't have an issue!  In fact I changed my wifi password to make sure the frig doesn't do anything online.  It is working fine, so NO UPDATES for it.  LOL

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
This is a problem, you know. In the Americas, you can only postpone the update up to 3 times.
0 Likes
Sparrow7
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
That sucks big-time! I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened.. But it's gotta be fixable 🤔. I hope you haven't lost access to any important data. How / when did you purchase the tablet?
0 Likes
Members_IvA8u9a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Over a year ago.  And everything is backed up, so not worried about data on it.  I did get to a menu where I could reset and wipe the device, but it still will not work.  Just keep cycling.  I got to a sub menu and it said "locked."  What exactly does that mean?  I will try to post a picture of what I am looking at later... after coffee... LOL

Members_IvA8u9a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

this can't be good.  Status locked? 

20220914_101332.jpg

0 Likes