Original topic:

Brightness issue in videos (Tab S8 Ultra)

(Topic created: 10-07-2022 10:00 PM)
MartyMcFly1985
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Hey Guys. I have two similar issues with my Samsung Tab S8 Ultra.

1 / After the last update, it felt like everything is a bit washed up. Not as colorful as it was. Anyone else feels that?

2 / When I play downloaded 4k videos on any app, it lowers the brightness of the video. For a split second you can see how bright it can be, but then it becomes less bright. The "video brightness" feature doesn't do anything. Also, I disabled Adaptive Brightness, so that isn't the problem. Similar thing happens on Netflix and Disney+, but it doesn't feel as bad as the Video app or VLC. Looked all around the internet, and it looks like Samsung is doing it on purpose so no solution. Looks like it has something to do with HDR in apps that are not YouTube. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

8 Replies
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Check display settings for vivid

Settings
Advance feature
Video brightness
MartyMcFly1985
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Already did (I think I mentioned it). Doesn't affect these videos (at least not in the Video app and in VLC). But thanks!

pxdrop
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I'm having the same issue with my s8+ its extremely frustrating, the colors are washed out and video is dim when i play hdr video.

screen mode is vivid

userQ0lk9oM3cp
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Am having the same issues with the S21 after editing. Colors are washed out and videos are distorted after editing

0 Likes
NAK168
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
The same thing has happened to my s8 ultra. It's frustrating. Spent this much on this tablet and 8ts doing this.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Can you provide more info on how your viewing the video, which app, and what you mean by "Video Brightness feature"? Things seem to be fine here but I may not be duplicating your problem. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Darvv1n
Constellation
Options
Tablets
What screen resolution are you getting and how do you fix it? Screen Resolution Test:

924 x 1480

Screen Width: 924 pixels

Screen Height: 1480 pixels

DPR(Device Pixel Ratio): 2

Color depth: 24 bits per pixel

Browser viewport(browser window's size without taskbars/toolbars/address bars):

Width: 980 pixels
Height: 1392 pixels

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

NETFLIX 4K HDR "Our Planet" streaming

2960x1848

Brightness was automatically increased to what looks like full but the brightness slider is still at about 25% where I had it set. 

Couldn't take a screen Shot so took a Pic of the GPUWatch data

20221227_223426.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes