cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ottercomet
Constellation

CONNECTING SM-T280 TO TV (not a smart TV)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I use the SM-T280 (7" Tab A) to show movies on an HD TV that is NOT smart. TV has HDMI and USB input jacks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: CONNECTING SM-T280 TO TV (not a smart TV)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, you will not be able to make this work. At best, you may be able to save files onto your tablet and use the USB port, but that will only work if your TV recognizes the tablet as a flash drive. 

4 REPLIES 4
userMNLAeG46qf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, you can use chromecast

ottercomet
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I need to be more specific. The TV is located in my RV in an RV resort. The " FREE" wifi is flakey at best and will not support streaming. I can get to an alternate wifi service where I can use my NETFLIX account to download movies to the SM-T280 tablet which I can then take back to my RV.  The description of Chromecast indicates the need for a wifi conection. I am trying to find a means of showing the movie stored on my tablet on the TV. I connected the tablet to the TV using the mico USB cord that came with the tablet but I am unable to get the TV to recognise the tablet. If I load the chromecast app onto the tablet, will it allow me to do what I am trying to do - with no active wifi connection.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, you will not be able to make this work. At best, you may be able to save files onto your tablet and use the USB port, but that will only work if your TV recognizes the tablet as a flash drive. 

bikeamtn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Initially in buying it, I thought of the SM-T280 is a great around mobile device (I've added a BT keyboard and use as BT music player w/200GB SD, didn’t want a smartphone) but the ‘inability’ of it to connect to a TV via Bluetooth, USB, WiFi, MHL, SlimPORT, etc is beyond belief! It would have added nearly nothing to the OEM cost and made the SM-T280 a really great buy, can’t this be corrected in a firmware fix?

- Convergent Technology Engineer