JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Call & text on other devices requires “Reset network settings” every other day

(Topic created: 05-10-2021 08:46 PM)
Dan5678
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

My Wi-Fi only S7+ will send and receive SMS text messages for a day or two. Then, when I send a message, it spins for a while and eventually gives the error: Couldn't send message.

The only fix is to perform a "Reset network settings" on my S20 FE 5G cellphone.

Is there an easier or permanent fix? Resetting network settings causes me to lose my Wi-Fi settings, and my Bluetooth connections to my watch and my car.

I have tried all of the following when the error occurs. None of them worked.

Wipe entire cache partition on S7+.

Turn "Call & text on other devices" off and back on for both S20 and S7+.

Reset Network Settings on S7+.

Restart S20 and S7+.

Wipe cache and data on S7+ Messages app.

Turn off Battery Optimization for "Call & text on other devices" and "Messages" for both.

Clear the cache on the Samsung Messages app on S20 and S7+.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Dan

ShowiestOdin
Explorer
Options
Tablets
I just read that the S7 is not supported for the text on other devices have you read that?
0 Likes
Dan5678
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
No. I have a S7+. Does it apply to that as well? Where did you read that?
0 Likes
ShowiestOdin
Explorer
Options
Tablets
Okay, that was for India brand phones please disregard. As long as you're signed into your Samsung account you are able to use.
0 Likes
Dan5678
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I just tried disabling Call & text on other devices on my cellphone and uninstalling all updates. It didn't help either.

When I go to the apps on my S7+, I don't see a Call & text on other devices app. But, I do see it when I go to Optimize battery settings. Weird. I wish I could Uninstall and reinstall that app but it isn't an option.

I think at this point I just need to hope that Samsung fixes the problem.
ShowiestOdin
Explorer
Options
Tablets
Yeah I hope they do find you a fix and very quickly
0 Likes
ShowiestOdin
Explorer
Options
Tablets
Who's your carrier, phone service provider?
0 Likes
Dan5678
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
T-Mobile. I have tried taking to their experts as well. They referred me to Samsung.
0 Likes
ShowiestOdin
Explorer
Options
Tablets
Oh my, here's something I just found, hope it will help
0 Likes
Dan5678
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I read that before. My devices are listed and I use T-Mobile. So it should work.
Solution
Dan5678
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I believe I have found the solution to the problem. At least it has worked for a couple of days now.

The "Call & text on other devices" app on a tablet doesn't show up in the list of Apps. So, you can't initialize it by Clear Cache, Clear Data, Disable, or Uninstall Updates.

In the past, on the tablet, I have turned the "Call & text on other devices" feature off and on many times and it didn't help. However,  a couple of days ago, I turned off the Messages button underneath the "Call & text on other devices" before turning off "Call &  text on other devices". That seemed to cause the app on the tablet to re-initialize because for the first time, when I was turning everything back on, it gave me the message  on the tablet: "To continue, Agree to the Privacy Notice". This appears to have solved the problem.

The full procedure I went through was:

• Tablet > Settings > Advanced features > Call & text on other devices > Messages > Off
  • Tablet > Settings > Advanced features > Call & text on other devices > Off
  • Cellphone > Settings > Advanced features > Call & text on other devices > hold down tablet name > Remove
  • Cellphone > Settings > Advanced features > Call & text on other devices > Off
  • Wait 10 seconds
  • Cellphone > Settings > Advanced features > Call & text on other devices > On
  • Tablet > Settings > Advanced features > Call & text on other devices > On
  • Click Agree on tablet for "To continue, Agree to the Privacy Notice".