Original topic:

Call and text another devices with Google Messages

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
It would be great if you guys could add call and text on other devices feature for Google messages. I have the galaxy tab S7 and I can download Google Messages but have to use messages for web within the app but it doesn't work as well. I should be able to use the app by itself on Wi-Fi as RCS allows for texting over Wi-Fi. I should not need a SIM card for texting when I'm at home on Wi-Fi. iMessage does not need a SIM card for texting on an iPad. Please add this feature
10 Replies
pool_shark
Halo
Options
Tablets
You should be able to pair the devices. Go to settings in messages.
0 Likes
Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I can pair it and that's what I have done currently. The issue is message for web doesn't work as well and is kinda laggy
0 Likes
pool_shark
Halo
Options
Tablets
I guess I misunderstood. I use it between my phone and tablet, so messages for web isn't involved.
0 Likes
Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
All good. Is your tablet one with a sim card?
0 Likes
pool_shark
Halo
Options
Tablets
No, it's wifi only.
0 Likes
Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Hmmm odd. Did it make you scan a QR code to use it?
0 Likes
pool_shark
Halo
Options
Tablets
Yes. I opened it on my tablet and the code box appeared. I scan it from the messages app on my phone and they hook up.
0 Likes
Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Yeah so that's messages for web just within the app. If you go online in chrome or whatever it's the exact same thing
0 Likes
pool_shark
Halo
Options
Tablets
Yeah, they look the same. So, your issue is that you have a sim in your tablet and you want the full app without pairing?
0 Likes