JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Call and text on other devices

(Topic created: 11-14-2021 07:01 AM)
3M4ry
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I just purchased a Samsung S7 plus tablet. I was working on setting up different things and front things and I try to connect my phone and the new tablet under the call and text on other devices. I have a Motorola moto G4. Do I have to have a Samsung phone in order to use this feature?
5 Replies
DannyBoy91
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I believe that feature is carrier based and not necessarily dependent on what phone you have. I could be wrong, however. But since Samsung is going the way of having its own ecosystem thing between devices then I'm pretty sure you would need a Samsung phone for that feature. Not 100% sure on this one, but about 90% sure.
3M4ry
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I actually found an article somewhere that said just that. The one I read said something about Verizon and AT&T did not support that feature. Unfortunately I have AT&T.
0 Likes
DannyBoy91
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I have AT&T as well. When I got my S21 Ultra from them, it had the feature before I set it up on their network, then as soon as I got it activated and all, that feature disappeared. Sad times lol
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@3M4ry Unfortunately AT&T and Verizon block this service. 

And also, yes a compatible Samsung phone would be needed to use this service. If it was available on AT&T. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/

tom2055
Supernova
Options
Tablets

For Call and text on other devices to work on your tablet you have to have a Samsung phone... also some providers don't support it