JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calls and Texts on other devices. Tab S7+ (T-Mobile US)

(Topic created: 10-05-2020 08:00 AM)
Rapz
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I am not seeing this option available out of the box on my Tab S7+.  It is the US TMobile version.  Software is up to date.  Anyone else experiencing the same?
19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets
They do
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

What model phone are you using?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets
s10 plus. It does have that option on it from the drop down menu.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

See if you can find Mobile Continuity on the tablet. The feature name may have changed.

0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Hi @Rapz 

so, I have the Tab S6 and I use the call & text feature often. But I remember when I first was trying to set it up on my Tab I had a hard time as well. On my phone, there was an actual icon for the "call & text on other devices" in the drop down quick panel. But I couldn't find that same icon on my Tab's drop down panel. So I just opened settings and in Advanced Features was the option for call & text on other devices. I turned it on, and then clicked on the text "call & text on other devices" to open the setting options. I then tapped the 3 dots in right corner and there was an option to link this tablet to your phone, and then a QR code comes up that you can scan and link your Tab and phone. I don't think it's supposed to be this involved to get it to work, I think the tablet is also supposed to have the quick panel icon to turn the option on and you can use your phone to sync it, but for whatever reason my Tab didn't have the icon, and so I did it this way.

0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

oh and I forgot to mention having your phone and Tab on the same wifi network. I have 3 different wifi bands in my house and so I have to make sure they're both connected to the same one for the call & text to work correctly.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets
anyone find a solution to this? My galaxy tab 7+ with 5g from T-mobile doesn't have this anywhere.
0 Likes
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I asked a friend of mine that works for Tmobile and he said that Tmobile removed the call and text on other devices feature from the Tab S7/7+ ....he does not know why and doesn't know if they will activate the feature in a future update Smiley Sad

SunnyKAhmed
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
will performing a network unlock on the tablet work?
0 Likes
SunnyKAhmed
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I didn't have this feature on my sprint tab s7+ 5g but I downloaded the call and text on other devices apk from this link https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/call-message-continuity/call-message-contin... and also downloaded the Samsung phone app from galaxy store and now it works fine
0 Likes