cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9qGTVqnEFe
Astronaut

Can samsung galaxy tab s4 record internal audio?

This is something that I've been searching for too long. I have an xiaomi black shark, and this so called "gaming phone" can't even record internal audio. I've been searching for a method around it, but nothing seems to work, and even xiaomi themselves said that they are aware of this issue, yet they are doing nothing about it.

I'm looking for a strong device that can record internal audio for gaming (including screen recording, of course) so my question is - can samsung galaxy s4 record internal audio using whatever method there is? Apperantly google now forbids internal audio recording, which is why I can't record on my current device. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Can samsung galaxy tab s4 record internal audio?

As far as I know, my Tab S4 cannot record internal audio.

usernSiuvNJ9Fo
Constellation

Hi,

Screenshot_20190822-143506_Game Tools.jpgYes it can. It has an app called Game Launcher which allows you to run any app and screen record it. In the Record settings (see screenshot), there are two sound options, microphone and game sound (internal). I assume that's what you require? I can't remember if Game Launcher is visible in the app drawer by default - if not, it can be enabled from the Settings>Advanced Features. If Google are prohibiting recording internal sound as you say (i have no knowledge of this) i guess that may affect the functionality of this app in the future? Anyway, by the sound of it, for your needs, research the Samsung Game Launcher app and see if that does everything you want. Hope that helps.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@usernSiuvNJ9Fo wrote:

Hi,

Screenshot_20190822-143506_Game Tools.jpgYes it can. It has an app called Game Launcher which allows you to run any app and screen record it. In the Record settings (see screenshot), there are two sound options, microphone and game sound (internal). I assume that's what you require? I can't remember if Game Launcher is visible in the app drawer by default - if not, it can be enabled from the Settings>Advanced Features. If Google are prohibiting recording internal sound as you say (i have no knowledge of this) i guess that may affect the functionality of this app in the future? Anyway, by the sound of it, for your needs, research the Samsung Game Launcher app and see if that does everything you want. Hope that helps.

Thanks, that's great to know for future reference.

usernSiuvNJ9Fo
Constellation

By the way, in the post i just made, i am referring to the Tab S4. Your initial question refers to the Tab S4 in the title but the Samsung S4 in the main text. I have no experience with the S4 phone and have no idea what features it offers. Just wanted to clarify that. Cheers.