JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't Clear System Cache on Tab S7 with Android 11/Experience 3

(Topic created: 01-27-2021 10:37 PM)
SirLoinOfBeef
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I want to wipe the system cashe on my Tab S7. I was able to formerly do this by entering recovery mode by turning off the power then pressing the Power and Up Volume buttons at the same time while it restarts. This button combination no longer enters recovery mode after I upgraded Tab S7 with Android 11/Experience 3. Are there any other ways to do this? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SirLoinOfBeef
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The solution that works best (posted on Reddit) is to:
- Plug the tablet into a computer's USB socket
- Turn off the tablet
- Press and hold down the Power and Volume Up buttons until the tablet starts in Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe Cache and Reboot the tablet using the Volume and Power buttons.
This is easier than using adb but it would still be better to not have to rely on the availability of a nearby PC to be able to reset a tablet or wipe its cache.

Pressing the virtual Home Screen Button (Bottom/Center Glass) as suggested by userRL2f9PISma does not work.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Frbky
Comet
Options
Tablets
I had the same issue. If you know how to use adb (from Linux/Windows/Mac via usb cable), connect to your Tab with adb and type "adb reboot recovery" from your PC terminal (without the quotes). It worked for me anyway. Good luck!
0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Tablets
To further clarify, this will just bring up the same recovery screen as usual.
0 Likes
SirLoinOfBeef
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

FrS10, thanks for the tip on using adb. It would seem that Samsung should have an easier way to reset a tablet or wipe its cache without having to resort to a complicated process like adb requires. They used to have these functions built into the Settings screens without having to press certain buttons after a power off.

Frbky
Comet
Options
Tablets
I agree! I hope at least the fact that we can't reboot to recovery by simple button press is just a bug they'll fix.
0 Likes
userRL2f9PISma
Constellation
Options
Tablets

All of the posted instructions are wrong... rather they are missing one step, when you power on the device, you must hold 3 items not 2...

1. Power button

2. Volume Up button

3. Home Screen Button. (Bottem/Center Glass)

0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Tablets
Home screen button? There isn't one on the Tab S7.
Solution
SirLoinOfBeef
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The solution that works best (posted on Reddit) is to:
- Plug the tablet into a computer's USB socket
- Turn off the tablet
- Press and hold down the Power and Volume Up buttons until the tablet starts in Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe Cache and Reboot the tablet using the Volume and Power buttons.
This is easier than using adb but it would still be better to not have to rely on the availability of a nearby PC to be able to reset a tablet or wipe its cache.

Pressing the virtual Home Screen Button (Bottom/Center Glass) as suggested by userRL2f9PISma does not work.
userJBJNCDVuQJ
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I can confirm this method works. You need to connect the tablet to a computer via USB cable, charger won't work, then press power button + vol up while tablet is powered off, it'll enter Recovery Mode. Tested this on my Tab S7 Plus Android 11/ OneUI 3. If it is not connected to a computer, it will not boot into Recovery and it will just start up normally.

userhAeLS9pfDx
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

There is no power button though... There's bixby and theres volume. (I have an S7 Plus too)

0 Likes