JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't Register Fingerprint Tab S6

(Topic created: 01-13-2020 07:30 PM)
itshenlo
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

No matter what I do, it keeps telling me "Make sure finger covers the entire sensor". What can I do to fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cohoman
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I had the same issue with my new S6 after buying it yesterday. I'd try to register my thumbprint and it would register some of the presses but I would also get a lot of "finger not fully covering sensor" error repeatedly until the registration would just fail and quit.

I finally got it to register my left and right thumbprints by doing this: I turned the brightness of the screen way up before doing the fingerprint registration. I still got several warning messages about not covering the sensor fully, but I was able to get to 100%. Try doing that, and if that doesn't work try turning off the blue light filter. You can also try turning down the brightness to see if that works better.

After the registration, I returned the display settings back to normal and luckily, my thumbprint unlocks my tablet with no problems.

View solution in context

23 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

We are sorry to hear about this. Please go to Settings>Software Update, and check to see if there is an update available for your tablet.

userE8TWP2SaCX
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have a new one week old tablet and the same thing is happening, keeps telling me to cover the entire sensor Grrrr.  I am I am covering it!!  The tablet is all up to date and if you can't help me I will be returning this pos for a refund!

user0rQCwOXRId
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I HAVE HAD THE NOTE 8, THE NOTE 10, AND THE S20. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE FINGERPRINT READER UNTIL THE TAB S6.

IT IS A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT and should be recalled. 

I have purchased 3 tablet s6's from best buy and none of them worked. 

useryc3byIWRPF
Constellation
Options
Tablets

my new s6 tab is the same, it is upto date with software and security patches. I can get to around 50% completion but then it keeps on saying the sensor is not fully covered. I have a clean screen, no screen protector and clean hands. Have completed this process on 3 other samsung devices with in screen finger print sensors, its worked fine. Please advise next troubleshooting steps 

Solution
cohoman
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I had the same issue with my new S6 after buying it yesterday. I'd try to register my thumbprint and it would register some of the presses but I would also get a lot of "finger not fully covering sensor" error repeatedly until the registration would just fail and quit.

I finally got it to register my left and right thumbprints by doing this: I turned the brightness of the screen way up before doing the fingerprint registration. I still got several warning messages about not covering the sensor fully, but I was able to get to 100%. Try doing that, and if that doesn't work try turning off the blue light filter. You can also try turning down the brightness to see if that works better.

After the registration, I returned the display settings back to normal and luckily, my thumbprint unlocks my tablet with no problems.

useredz18wG6ov
Constellation
Options
Tablets

@cohoman ... Thank you so much for this suggestion. I could not register fingerprints, so I increased brightness like you said. It worked like a charm and I was able to register 2 fingerprints

Thanks again!

0 Likes
userZas09ZkoA0
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

After trying about 100 times I tried this method and finally it worked. Must say it is a terrible fingerprint implementation.

user0rQCwOXRId
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I HAVE HAD THE NOTE 8, THE NOTE 10, AND THE S20. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE FINGERPRINT READER UNTIL THE TAB S6.

IT IS A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT and should be recalled. 

I have purchased 3 tablet s6's from best buy and none of them worked

Rtwright68
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have verifed my brand new Tab S6 is current with updates.  I cannot get beyond 20% in trying to register my fingerprint.  I have had a large number of Samsung devices (currently is a Note 10 Lite) and have NEVER had an issue registering a fingerprint.  I have tried all the suggestions I can find.

Is this a problem that will not be resolved?  I will return it and get the S7/S7+ if this is an issue that cannot be resolved?  Help please?