Original topic:

Can't factory reset

(Topic created on: 2/22/21 8:12 AM)
userheZG8fpCoA
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

So my mums tablet she updated it last week, and shes forgotten her password to unlock the tablet, it won't let me turn it off to factory reset because it asks for the password, i've logged in and tried to unlock it on the internet her remote access thing is not turned on, i can't turn it off, i don't know the password to unlock it, how on earth do i factory reset it or gain access to it again!

5 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Does she have a Google or Samsung account on the device? Does she know the passwords for the accounts?

If so, you can factory reset it but you will 100% need the account password to get back into the device. You cannot reset the password and factory reset the device within 24 hours of each other without locking out the account/device.

0 Likes
userheZG8fpCoA
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Yes i can login to find my device when its connected to her wifi but because remote unlock is not on i can't unlock it, and it won't let me turn it off to factory reset or nothing because of the recent update and asks for password to turn it off.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Factory reset can be done using the buttons on the device. What model tablet is this?

0 Likes
userheZG8fpCoA
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

It won't let me do it, i've tried, it's galaxy tab a SM-T510, tried to do it holding buttons won't do it because it not let me turn it off without putting the password in that my mum has forgot.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Have you tried letting the device run out of battery?

0 Likes