Original topic:

Can't make calls from my Tab 7S + connected through my Note 20 Ultra.

(Topic created: 12-25-2021 03:45 PM)
userNIcjtRlVV4
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I'm told that it won't work on the Verizon or the AT&T network. Can that be possible? Why wouldn't Samsung tell folks. I guess I'll  send this notebook back. Shame on Samsung.
0 Likes
8 Replies
ChazzP12
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I have Samsung Tab S7+ 5G & #S20Ultra5G on Verizon... you have to read the small print... NO you cannot receive calls & text from Tab... its stupid... I kinda wish it would... I've had my Samsung Tab S7+ 5G for couple months, I don't use it as much as I thought I would...
0 Likes
DannyBoy91
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I have the Tab S7 and use the call and text on other devices feature to make calls and texts. Try that?
0 Likes
userNIcjtRlVV4
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Dannyboy91- thanks for your reply but I don't understand your suggestion. I admit that I am not very computer literate. Being 77 doesn't help.
0 Likes
Append
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have not personally tried this (I'm about to), but my suspicion is that your tablet will act as intermediary between you and your phone. Think of it this way:

Your phone can send texts and receive calls.
Your tablet cannot do any of them.
Using this feature called, "Make Calls and Texts," you will be able to send texts and receive calls on your tablet.

But here's the idea. What happens in the background is that every time you send or receive a text, your tablet communicate with your phone that can actually perform these tasks, and then display it to you. When you send a message on your tablet via this method, the message is sent to your phone so the phone can then send it to the other person.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Tablets
First, for all, your devices always buy the unlocked model. I can make calls and text. Does your tablet have the phone dialer app?
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Tablets
I can't understand why anyone would think without an unlocked device the tablet would be interchangeable on various networks. Why did you just get the unlocked version if that is what you wanted?
0 Likes
rogerw9x
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Verizon Sucks! Why would you even try?
0 Likes
Brew400
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I'm with T-Mobile and I have a Galaxy Tab S7 Plus which I use to make, send and receive calls and texts using either my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra or my Galaxy S20 Ultra. It doesn't matter which carrier you have, you have to setup the "Call & Text On Other Devices" feature on both your phone and tablet. Go to "Settings", "Advanced Features" and you will see the call & text feature.

Here's the kicker, you must have your phone and tablet connected to the same WiFi network or Hotspot. The tablet is excellent for video, zoom and duo calls.
0 Likes