Original topic:

Can't move or install Apps to SD Card on Tab A7

(Topic created: 08-17-2021 07:53 AM)
Scottish2
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Recently purchased a Tab A7 as my wife had one and I liked it. Now for hers she didn't need anything except the base storage so she was fine as is. I on the other hand planned to use mine for some light gaming and such but thanks to all the dang blotware installed it left little space on the internal drive.

Seriously marketing a product as having 32 GB of storage space then filling it with uninstallable blotware is sort of false advertising. Yes it ha 32 GB but can I use 32GB? No because you all have filled it with apps I have zero interest to use. I have uninstalled what apps I could but even then that is no where near 32GBof storage space maybe about half if I removed the few apps I personally installed!

Then went to install my new SD card thinking this would help relieve these issues only to find out Sansung has denied the user the ability to use their system as they see fit by moving apps to the SD card or even letting the SD card be adopted as additional internal.

This is not right the system now belongs to me and as the owner of this device it is up to me how I use it!

I for one will not be buying another Samsung device and I will be telling my friends to beware of these issues and avoid Samsung as well.

You are not paying ME to have this blotware on MY tablet that you all are being paid to put on it in the first place. It's not your space being wasted!

4 Replies
Knightw0lf
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
This was going on for years S7 S8 S9 S10 S21they all have bloatware.

Every company basically adds stuff you can't delete. Used to be only middle tier phones or phones that came with contracts had bloatware, uno, Amazon, NFL which was verizon since they had a sponsorship
0 Likes
Paralegalish
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have an S9+ and it allows sd cards and allows me to move almost any app to the SD card. There are certain apps that just don't offer the ability to be moved to SD card... Are you sure it won't let you move any apps to SD card?
0 Likes
Paralegalish
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
In these pictures you can see that Outlook and Chrome app doesn't have the option to move those to external SD card, but tik tok app can be moved and the photo app is stored on my SD...
But not sure if yours works this way too but the app you tried to more didn't have the option to be moved like Chrome and Outlook in my case..Screenshot_20210817-165714_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210817-165704_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210817-165630_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210817-165650_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Scottish2
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Nope Tab A7 doesn't even show storage at least not on mine in the settings. no way to change the install.

Some guy in video said same thing he even referred to some developer setting that while it is there it's apparently been disabled so even if turned on it still installs to internal rather then SD.

Sad part is I bought a 256Gb SD card specifically so I had plenty of app space along with everything else and now can't install on my SD Card for apps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0D0LjdfP7k

UPDATE 9/2/21Get Build Number : T500XXU3BUH3Android version : R(Android 11)Release Date : 2021-08-30Security patch level : 2021-08-01.August Update supposedl...
0 Likes