Original topic:

Can't sign in on my tablet

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 09:13 PM)
Mee1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I change my phone number for my tablet when I got my A21 phone. My phone works fine but my tablet keeps sending my 2 step verification code to my old phone number. All of my other accounts work fine with my new phone number. But my Samsung account won't work. I can't remember the number when I first opened my Samsung account. When I try to change it it asks for the IMEI My Samsung galaxy S4 does not have a IMEI. What do I do now. I have contacted every help number and page I could find and still no one has helped. I'm thinking about just getting rid of the Samsung account 🤔 
0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I am sure this is frustrating for you. If you would, please go to samsung.com and log in to your account. Select My Account>Manage Samsung Account>Security, then disable 2-Step Verification. While you are in there, be sure to update the account information with your new phone number.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Mee1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
This didn't work either. When I sign in and then go to security it takes me to the 2 step verification again. Every time it goes to 2 step verification no matter how I sign in . It gives me the option to skip the 2 step verification but I first have to use it with my old phone number to get into it.
0 Likes
Mee1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Basically it won't let me in if I can't get past the 2 step verification. So I can't do anything with my samsung account. When I try to change my phone number it wants a IMEI number and my Samsung Galaxy Tablet doesn't have one 😡😡
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

I would suggest reaching out to our accounts team at (855) 795-0509 for additional assistance.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Mee1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thanks I will give that a try. Fingers crossed 🤞 🤞
0 Likes