JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't update Note 10.1 to Android to 9

(Topic created: 10-23-2019 09:18 AM)
user9sIyG1W9Ak
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I couldn't find much on this subject.  I ran a software update and it brought it up to Android version 4.1.2.  4.1..2!?  Isn't android up to version 9??  Certain apps won't run because android version is too old.  Is this thing maxed out on software updates?  Model number in the software says GT-N8013.  The case says Galaxy Note 10.1.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jamess467
Red Giant
Options
Tablets

That Note is very very old. Android in general gets 2 years of OS updates. So it isn't surprising that the Note 10.1 isn't getting latest and greatest. I would just get a newer Samsung...

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
Jamess467
Red Giant
Options
Tablets

That Note is very very old. Android in general gets 2 years of OS updates. So it isn't surprising that the Note 10.1 isn't getting latest and greatest. I would just get a newer Samsung...

0 Likes
user9sIyG1W9Ak
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Oh wow thanks, thank you had no idea it's a hand me down.

0 Likes
SnoresLikeBuffa
Constellation
Options
Tablets

If Samsung won't support older devices, why would anyone buy a new Samsung device?

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@SnoresLikeBuffa 

The only manufacturer that supports more than one or two OS updates is Google on their Pixel line..

Sometimes you can find custom roms that can be used to update your device but I doubt anyone has one that would put the latest Android version on a tablet designed for v4.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes